GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sportbar aficionado.
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I just joined. I don't like sharing much info about myself, so this will be brief. I'm a loyal GM customer, and have been for many years. I'm here to seek info on the 2020 and 2021 Silverado LT Trail Boss. My wife and I are closing on our house this week. We are the sellers. We will not be buying a new home for many years. We're venturing out to live life. This means we have a lot of cash, but we also have a dying Saturn SUV. It's time to replace it. We've agreed on a vehicle. We just haven't agreed on when to get it. She'd rather I be left on the side of the road, whereas I'd rather use our dying SUV as a trade in. Plus, the $5,000 cash from GM, that's only good until Aug 3, is enticing me too. Problem is, I can't find exactly what I want anywhere, and just need a bit of info. And, I can't decide between a 2020, or wait for the new interior in the 2021. I'll lurk before I ask, that way I don't ask a question that's already been asked a million times. One of the things holding me up is that I'm trying to figure out which options must be installed at the factory, and which options can be installed at the dealership, and which way is cheaper/better to go.

And, before anybody tries saying this will end up being her truck, I assure you it won't be. She loves her 2017 Traverse, and we will be keeping that. And, she says the trucks are too tall for her to comfortably drive. She's afraid of crashing it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,872 Posts
A lot of the accessories can’t be added after the factory without paying a good bit of money for an aftermarket harness. The stuff the dealer can add on is in the accessory catalog. If you really want a feature it’s best to order the truck with it or find one on the lot with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Sportbar aficionado.
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The accessories I'm talking about are things you can build a truck with on Chevy's website, but are also accessories through accessories.chevrolet.com. I'm finding there is often a price difference with things like a CAI, exhaust, sport bar, running boards, etc.

Anyways, I went down the rabbit hole really deep today, and ended up coming out the other end with a new truck. It's estimated to arrive at the dealership in 2 weeks, so I put $1,000 down to make sure it was mine. It's a very well equipped Trail Boss LT crew cab/short bed with the 6.2 in blue. It has everything I wanted, except the standard mirrors (and accessories). It has the towing mirrors. That's going to work out fine since the wife is wanting a travel trailer with a bunk house for the kids. Now that we have the horse, it's time for the carriage.

·
n. fil-dert.
7,019 Posts
So you sold your house before you figured out what you are going to live in? Bold.

Reactions: frankielozano214

·
Sportbar aficionado.
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you sold your house before you figured out what you are going to live in? Bold.
I agree Cotton. A bold move indeed. Let's see how it works out.

I know where I'm going to be living, but the exact house hasn't opened up yet -- military housing. My wife is active duty Navy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts