GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hey!

I've been around F-Body Boards for many years but this is my first time on a truck board. I've owned an S-10 for years and finally stepped up to a "real" truck (no offense to any small truck owners) ;)

My newest toy is a 2004 Indigo Blue Silverado EC. I have started with a set of 20" wheels, removed all badges and a new catback exhaust but that's it so far. The truck only has 300 miles on it!

I am looking forward to a small drop and trying to do my research. Any suggestions are welcome.

Looking forward to new friends and learning about my truck.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
:welcome: !

Glad you found GMFullsize.com :D What Fbody boards are you around? I've been arond them since 99 or so. I also have a 95 Firebird myself. Once again, welcome to GMFS :D

·
Registered
639 Posts
Blown 96 WS6 said:
My newest toy is a 2004 Indigo Blue Silverado EC. I have started with a set of 20" wheels, removed all badges and a new catback exhaust but that's it so far. The truck only has 300 miles on it!
Welcome ABOARD!, your going to have to post some pictures of that truck!! w00t. :head:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the welcomes!

Y2KSierra: I am active on LS1.com, LS1Tech.com, CamaroZ28.com and a few mailing lists; SCFB & SDFB.

I will try to attach some pics of the truck. I tried once and I lost touch so we'll see if I can try again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BuiltNotBought99 said:
welcome to the site nice looking truck.
Thanks. I love it but am very anxious to drop it a few inches.

I have to admit to be a little overwhelmed with some of the varying choices and opinions of lowering the suspension.

I don't want to jeopordize the ride (much), I don't want to negatively impact steering or handling, I don't want to "notch" the frame, I don't really want the expense of airbags, I just want to reduce some of that huge gap between the tires and the wheel wells.

I have considered a 2/4 drop with Hotchkis coils and rear leaf springs or a 3/4 kit that features 3" Front Coil Springs 4" Rear Shackle & Hanger Kit Drive-Line Alignment Kit.

I guess I would want new shocks with any drop, right? And, from a leveling point of view, maybe the 2/4 is a better way to go.

Opinions/suggestions?

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
Well if you wanna run just a 2/4 run the DJM kit, rides like stock and easy install. Utilizes 2" lower control arm and shackles and hangers in the rear...hope this helps. FOr new shocks you wanna run DT, try macsprings.com

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Blown 96 WS6 said:
Thanks for all the welcomes!

Y2KSierra: I am active on LS1.com, LS1Tech.com, CamaroZ28.com and a few mailing lists; SCFB & SDFB.
That is cool. I've been on CamaroZ28.com since 1999 under the name of Red95Bird, i am on all the other sites with either that name or this one...GMFS was started and now i spend all my time here :D

To answer your question about lowering, if you want a STOCK ride, i would recommend the DJM Calmax kits, stock springs all around, you can also look at spindles by McGuaties (spelling?)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BUD1300: What components did you use to drop your truck? It appears to be just what I'm looking for. I checked your web site and I think I read it has a 2/4 drop but I din't find what setup.

Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I went old school Cut coils w/ middle leaf removed for now hope to be bagged before long but the ride is not bad and the tire wear is great.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bcubed said:
:welcome:

Here's your truck with about a 2/4, and then for the heck of it bagged :D
How'd you do that?:worship: That's insane. I'm lucky if I can get pictures off my digital camera and on the computer!

So, if you can do that, then half the trucks on here are probably fakes :LOL:

Anyway, cool. I like how it will looks. My wife liked the slammed version, j/k

Thanks

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Welcome to the party pal! :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts