GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dark Eternal referred me tocome here from FSC and so ifar i like it.
Any way here is where im gonna start. First i wanna do a parts check
Parts i have
Dana 44 is all
Parts i need
14BFF-can get my hands on these extremely easy
ORU kit
ORD Crossover steering
springs
Brake lines
shocks
Lock outs since mine are broke.
Rims
Tires
axle vent tubes
Eathier extended or new rear d shaft (12 inches of lift)
new front d-shaft
New spring perches and U bolts
will i need new shock tabs?
anything else

Then im planning to clear about 42" tires on a 15x12 rim. WIll 8 inch rear springs with a 4 inch shackle flip for a total of 12 rear and 9 inch front springs plus the 2-3 from the swap clear 42's? SHould i go 10 rears with shackle and a 11 inch front springs? Take in mind this truck wont go offroad anytime soon. I cant afford right now taking the chance of busted parts so im eathier gonna build this truck SFA just to see how it is and keep it as a show truck and then find a beater for a offroad vehicle or later down the road buy a newer truck to make a show truck out of and then make my current one the beater.

I dont want to swamp you guys with abunch more questions from a first post so im gonna be done for now
Thanks

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Well first of all the springs for the front are in even numbers as in 8,10,12. Im doing 10" for 42s plus a bodylift. If its to much ill start to take leafs out.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how close do you think you will come with the b-lift and 10 inche springs. Also are you takling 10 rears or fronts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also what tires are you planning on getting in the 42 inch size. Im having a hard time finding 42's

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
willyswanter said:
I now have 42's on 6.5" of lift... So I say you need 4" springs in front and just a flip in the back and you will be good :anitoof:
Disreguard Jasons lift numbers unless you like the sawzall!!!!!

I was talking front springs. Also keep in mind though OBS have a slight bit wier wheel well. So you may not need a bodylift. Also Im getting TSLs, they are the only tire curently in production in 42". Allthough the IROKs will be in 42s soon...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts