GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i was at world of wheels saturday and found a cowl hood for the truck for a price i couldnt pass up. 300 for this jewel. got it from queen's automotive in huntington. bought the mirrors from work for 100. i took the rest of the ugly trim adhedsive off but havnt got pics of that yet. anyways heres some pics of the hood on the truck.

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Gonna look awesome when you're done...

·
Registered
999 Posts
is that a Reflexxion hood? it sure looks like the one i just put on my '93. details on the mirrors?

here's my truck.
before...
IMAG0138.gif

after...
030307_17563.gif

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im guessing its a reflexxion hood, i never really looked at the box when i opened, (as big as it was you'd figure i'd notice or something, lol.) mirrors are pn 950-11110 from street scene. i got them through work for little over 100 bucks. its roll pan time and debadge the tailgate then paint. im going to get a weld in rollpan since i like those a whole lot more. headlights are a must since these ones have had it. im getting the diamond clear ones, nothnig too fancy.

·
Registered
999 Posts
3M makes an adhesive removal wheel, that you should be able to chuck up in a drill and take that side moulding adhesive off. its like a big rubber eraser.

i've also had luck using 3M Citrus cleaner, and flimsy body filler spreader taking it off. that is, if that's actually adhesive and not where it was, and it pulled the paint when you removed it. my 93 C1500 did that when i removed the mouldings off of it. :doh:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i used up 2 of those wheels getting both sides off. i've had them for the longest time but never got around to doing it. but i got that stuff off and it looks 10 times better but still needs painted. i'm not digging the factory two tone anylonger.

·
Registered
999 Posts
i've seen several that were two toned from the upper body line down, and they looked really good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts