GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the middle of changing the shifter boot on the truck and decided that it was a great opportunity to add a finishing touch to the interior illumination. After some reverse engineering this is what came up, an illuminated tow/haul button. I was thinking about milling a frosted or clear acrylic button so the entire area lights up and maybe making a frosted tow/haul label so the front of the shifter also gets some illumination.

Let me know what you think about it and any criticism and suggestions are welcome. When the final one gets done I may make some extras so let me know if you would be interested in one.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased it from the dealer, I think it's called a steering column gear selector seal stupid name for it and it was around $34 for the little piece of rubber, oh well but it looks better than a torn one.

·
|=====TK=====|
523 Posts
I like that setup. How did you get everything blue like that? -TK

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
looks excellent! speaking of shifter boots... mine is torn! where did you get yours from?

Seal, Lever Housing
Auto Trans 26093753 - $13.56 on GMPD

·
Registered
711 Posts
where do i need to send all my stuff so you can do it to mine?

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Do you have any day pics? What exactly did you do to get the light to come through? Maybe we could meet up and i could check it out.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Anyone have a PN for the entire shifter lever? My tow haul wire is broken inside the shift. :bawl:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
26075107 automatic transmission control lever, that's for a new shifter.

Basically I added some wires in the handle and two leds behind the t/h button, I'm working on making a clear button so the whole end lights up.

BlownSierra I'll get some day pics later of if you want to meet up just let me know.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea, that is the shifter leds on the dash, I'm waiting to get some shifters to try out diffrent setups, hopefully it'll ge gone with the next versions.

Btw, does anyone remember that shifter made by a company that does Porsche and Ferrari accessories, it was around $300?

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
is there any way to get a shorter shifter, because my flip out tv hits the end...blah!!!!!????!?!?!?1

1 - 20 of 32 Posts