GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FInally got my tuned pcm back for my 36 lb injectors (42 at 4 bar). Was afraid the truck would have issues with the pcm and throw an SES light but fortunately all is good. I couldnt drive it due to the front end being apart and no insurance on it right now but was nice to go back to my parents and hear it run.
All i did was run the new injectors, Accell super coil (got it for 25 bucks couldnt beat it), new pcm tune, and new FPR. I no longer have a cold start issue and im happy with the results. Next thing is to add some Delco or NGK plugs. According to "dyno results" from another site, the stock gap is .065 but when gapped down to .040 there is a supposed 18 rwhp gain on these big blocks and many others. So going to see what all the fuss is about and if thats true. One thing i did find interesting is that with the new injectors, coil, and pcm the truck now sounds different. The exhaust tone is now a bit deeper and at high rpms i used to get a sligght bit of cackle or popping, no more does that happen. Not sure if its because the truck is now getting the right amount of fuel at thos rpms or the coil is keeping the voltage up at those rpms or both. Kind of interesting, anybody have the answer.

Also i didnt drive the truck but did back it out and maneuvered it around the drive and noticed the truck didnt seem to have as firm of a shift. The truck has been sitting since the end of september, could it be that all the fluid has washed into the pain and the tranny just needs to "juice" itself back up again?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts