GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the in dash NAV (F90BT) installed in my '05 on Friday. I have the crew with the non-LUX Bose and just upgraded my head unit. I'm still using the stock amp & speakers.

When I turn the volume up past 45, the bass "claps" every time it hits and it sounds awful. Under 45, the thing sounds awesome! I am guessing that someone has seen this before and I have to change my settings to git rid of this.

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
I have the exact same setup. I didnt notice any issues like your experiencing. I did turn the "LOUD" feature on and the HPF is at 50hz. That may help. I can crank mine up to about 60 then it starts to suck hard.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
distorting the speakers

one of 2 options buy new speakers and a amp or don't go past 45
Did you do this with your rig?
Any suggestions on amps and wiring? I haven't torn out the console yet to look. Is there a harness/adapter that I would need to add an amp?

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
distorting the speakers

one of 2 options buy new speakers and a amp or dont go past 45
:word:
same thing with my truck.
Any suggestions on amps and wiring? I haven't torn out the console yet to look. Is there a harness/adapter that I would need to add an amp?
i would get a good speaker amp (kicker, rockford, sundown, etc.), some components of your choice, and get 4ga for your amp.

dont amp your blose speakers with an aftermarket amp, it'll blow real fast. one of my door speakers is already starting to go.

what do you want to spend on your comps, amp, etc?

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts

my truck dont have it i have it in my aura at a certain level it does destort i dont remember how high

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:word:
same thing with my truck.

i would get a good speaker amp (kicker, rockford, sundown, etc.), some components of your choice, and get 4ga for your amp.

dont amp your blose speakers with an aftermarket amp, it'll blow real fast. one of my door speakers is already starting to go.

what do you want to spend on your comps, amp, etc?
I would like to keep it under $300.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts