GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, newbie to the boards, and I thought you guys might be able to help me w/ somethin.

I wanna re-do my interior in a tan or cream color,and I was wondering if anybody here knew how I could go about doing somethin like that.

Thanx in advance

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Are you talking about the seating areas or the entire thing? If just the seating areas you can go with katzkins leathers or classic soft trim.

If you want to change the whole thing it can be done...but will be very time consuming :)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yea I gotz Katzkins...They are nice, as alot of members have them too... But if you want to change the dash and trim pieces it can be done, but it will be time consuming...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lookin for everything... the whole 9 yards...seats, dash, trim, all of it.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
IMO I'd just smooth out and paint stuff such as the dash and window/lock controls on the door panels. That'd save ya some money. I'd probally just get the seats recovered too. Then all you'd have to do is go to a junk yard and buy the rest of the stuff. Also check Ebay. What color is your interior now?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the stock charcoal gray interior... and the only worryment I had with actually painting the interior was that I don't want it to be shiny ya know... I want it to look as close to a "stock" job as possible.. if it is possible...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I am doing the same thing to mine... I dont want it shiney and want it two tone like the tahoe's so i got some R&M interior paint and painting it... I have only painted the fuse covers and they are holding up well...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have a friend that changed his 94 GMC's interior from red to grey. he bought some of the pieces and died some as well. The pieces he died has held up pretty well, but the piece right below the rear window is chipping off now, but it's been done for about 2 years. Hey 01, I'd consider buying some stuff from you if ya wanna sell it. I have the light grey interior and am wanting to go to the darker grey.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
I am doing the same thing to mine... I dont want it shiney and want it two tone like the tahoe's so i got some R&M interior paint and painting it... I have only painted the fuse covers and they are holding up well...
Speaking of Katzkins...Where did you guys find the best deals?
Appreciate it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I had 5.6" screens in my headrests before I added katzkins.
Now I am putting 7" screens at the end of the week all you will have to do is take the screens out and cut it to fit. Pretty simple.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
LoChevyGRL said:
I had 5.6" screens in my headrests before I added katzkins.
Now I am putting 7" screens at the end of the week all you will have to do is take the screens out and cut it to fit. Pretty simple.
Yeah, I don't think it would be a problem either ...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
orangeZ71 said:
I have an 01 Silverado..RCSB...Tan interior..wanna trade?
Pics???

·
Registered
520 Posts
I had the Vizualogic screens that were pre-installed. Just don't feel like taking things apart that all ready looks good. I guess I could call Vizualogic to make sure they use the same type of clamshell design as everyone else. I guess we'll see...thanks for the input

1 - 15 of 15 Posts