GMC Truck Forum banner

New junkyard york

969 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Joakwin 
#1 ·
I went to the junkyard today looking for EDC and found 3 of them. All I believe were 210's. One had FORD stamped on the tag, another had motorsports, and the one I got had York on it. The 2 I didnt get were in Ford F100's and the one I got was in a Volvo. I was wondering what is the best way to clean this thing up without messing it up? I tried a pressure washer but that didnt work. I have access to a solvent tank at work? I know I have to cap off the ports at the top but is there anything else I should worry about?

See less See more
#2 ·
wire brush and some degreaser is how i did mine

#4 ·
joakwin do you have any pictures of your bracket? where did you attach yours too? I'm looking at maybe the alternator bolt???
i drilled a hole in the alt mount up top and then theirs a bolt off of the head i think by where the manifold mounts up to
and then the side of the alt bracket doing down
my other idea was to use the bolts that mount the bracket to the front of the motor, bend some flat metal for the lower mount, like 3/16

i put some nuts that are long for the spacing, and i think my serp belt is 104 or 105 inches in lenght, i have the paperwork for the belt size somewhere but i got it from napa

i'll have to get a closer pic of the mount but i can check my power steering if i lift the truck up all the way and go from the wheel well, i put enuff spacing to clear the cap by a hair
i think the mount on the bottom of the compressor is like 1/4-1/2in out more then the top of the compressor, so it gives me just enuff room to pull the cap,
i think i made the mounts back in august last year, i have the measurements somewhere in a book

i think i heard with the airlift kit u can't check the steering fluid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.