GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P1000837.jpg

I just got my burb two weeks ago. BDS 4 in lift and Nitto trail grapplers and 18" Fuel Boost wheels later I love the look of my ride. However, it seems sluggish from the get go and rather heavy. This is my first lifted vehicle and my question is what should or could I do to give it more low end torque without sacrificing gas mileage. I was recommended a hypertech programmer and intake/outake bolt ons. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Military Member
53 Posts
Lower gears would make the single biggest difference. Headers, cats, exhaust, CAI, or programmers< lower gears. Welcome, your Suburban is the shit!

·
Go Big or Go home
523 Posts
x2 on the gears but the programmer will help with the computer and shifting points since you changed the size of your tires i think:think: oh ya almost forgot your burb is :boobs:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Your only real option is lower gears to make up for the larger tires. Nothing else will get your bottom end torque back.

·
Multiple GMFS owner
2,098 Posts
that thing is FUCKING PERFECT, I would go with 4.10s for gears since you have the 6 speed trans

·
meow
15,747 Posts
Gears, like stated above, will always be your best move against heavy wheels and tires. Check out BlackBear custom tuning as well. Don't waste your time on handhelds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Sounds like all are in agreement on the lower gears. So should I get the hypertech programmer or just the one that adjusts the speedometer and odometer? I can't belivce how well it rides with tires and lift. Im hooked forever now!

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Thanks guys. Sounds like all are in agreement on the lower gears. So should I get the hypertech programmer or just the one that adjusts the speedometer and odometer? I can't belivce how well it rides with tires and lift. Im hooked forever now!
hypertech and off the self programmers are not worth the money, go with a custom tune like a Black bear prefornace tune, you get a lot more for the money.

oh yea, almost forgot that thing looks great! :shake: :boobs: :humping:

nice to see a nnbs suburban lifted, and the black just looks down right sexy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried forecver to find a nnbs thta was lifted and realized they were kinda rare. Thats what made me want it even more.

P1000846.jpg

P1000848.jpg

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
nice burban.

what size are those tires?
just a guess, but they look like 295 trail grapplers, as he only has 4in of lift.

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
looks great! try gears and a custom tune from blackbear to get ur low end back

·
2007 Suburban 2500
14 Posts
Man this truck is awesome, it's exactly what I want to do with my 07 Suburban 2500. I was thinking about going with 20" wheels and 275/65 BFG's but I'm not sure if I can fit them under there without a proper lift. I'm going to add a leaf to the rear and key up the front 3". We'll see.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Go with a Black Bear AutoCal tune, OEM size non-oil air filter in the stock airbox, and Airaid M.I.T., and a proper diameter-size catback exhaust. A set of long tube hears would be nice too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you tell me some more about your lift? you did the install, was there any trimming necessary and what size tires your running? I have a 2012 z71 and want to go with a 4" lift and similar look. I dont want it to be huge just right. Great looking truck you got there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts