GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all!

New member here and owner of an 09 Silverado LTZ Crew. Hope to mod her in the near future and will researching this forum heavily.

Up until now I've been working on my 96 Impala SS and on those forums heavy.

The water feels fine around here do don't mind me.

Hil

·
SilverSilverado
163 Posts
Welcome Hilverado!! Nice looking truck. In July I lifted my '10 CCSB and went with the 6.5" Zone suspension lift. LOVE it!!!!! Had a lot of conversations with WildChevys above who also has a Zone lift. Great lift for the money. Don't cut corners when lifting your truck…..I'm so glad I went with Zone…love the lift…it actually rides better than stock even with 33.5 inch Toyo's AT II Extremes!!! Bill

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I had an 08 LT crew up until Aug 21 when I as totaled...I pick up my 09 Sat and will categorize and prioritize the mods for the truck. Just finished building a 383 for my Impala so that gets swapped in before I can touch the truck.

Might have to lay off on the dates with the ladies and such....you know,...for the greater good. Lol

All the best folks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh also, what are the first tier or lower cost mods to be done first? The 09 is an LTZ 4x4 with every option possible it seems.

I'm looking at cold air intakes, possible muffler swap, and other minor changes first. I need to replace one of the color matched bumper pieces...not sure how good the ebay parts are but it appears I'll have to paint a chrome piece.

·
SilverSilverado
163 Posts
Sorry to hear about your truck being totaled…that sucks!!!! I bet that 383 is saweet!!! Yes, the greater good my friend :) Good to see your priorities are in order!! lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea it was a bummer but I'm still here and if it were an option I'd have bought the drivetrain and swapped it in a track car or possible a mid 80's C10 shortbed.

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
Welcome, I know all too well about project cars requiring motor swaps. The first thing people will suggest you do is debadge the truck and do the GMFS appearance package.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok ultimate n00b question but what's the GMFS package?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Edit: Nvm I think I see. Basically color match more and dechrome the front?

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
You got it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
SHEDDING PUSSY?
417 Posts
Welcome.

~Via Mobile

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the love folks. Hope to improve this rig sooner than later. I'll be sure to update as I go along.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts