GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
In Work
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I guess I will clean this up a bit since I was being rushed the first time around. Here is a little background on my trucks. My first truck was a 1997 sportside thats featured in my avatar. Was a badass little truck/ I bought it with all the extras it had. So I didnt do any alterations to it except for the system and sideview mirrors. Well long story short got married and all that good stuff and the little one came along.
Then the time came for me to trade it in. Since I had the reg cab truck and my wife had a Grand Am. So instead of getting 20 bucks and a smack in the face for the Grand Am.Traded in my truck it was working on a slight slip in the tranny anyways though. Well we got a Xterra which is a nice get up wish I would of went GM on that with a trailblazer but the money was right for it. So I drove that ol Grand Ma for a year then finally stumbled on my new toy. 1997 Extended cab silverado 5.7 variety. It was filthy as all hell a good ol boy had it and really let it just get junked up. It was dirty as hell but with some elbow grease got it up to par. Now I am ready to start dressin it up.
That in a nut shell is how I found this site. I am extremely impressed with the quality of the trucks. So I though it would be a good place to learn something new. I have just picked up things here and there from doing it. Which seems is fairly common. I have a bit of maint. experience I am a aircraft mechanic in the USAF. With that knowledge I basically know what a common and phillips screwdrivers are. LOL.
I am currenty looking for some rims to do my first upgrade on it. I think I have enough to get that done my lights all the way around and maybe even a body lift to hold me over till tax time next year. That or I stumble upon some money so yeah looks like ill be waiting. I will just go for 16 in the rims so I can use the same tires since they are in great condition and then when I get it lifted go for the 31/33s. Anyways thats my story in a nutshell and look forward to meeting all of you. I have already met a handful of good folks though. I will have some pics up of the new one a.s.a.p.

·
Registered
370 Posts
:LOL:

Welcome to the site !! Theres alota good people on here with tons of knowledge. Im sure you will have your truck they way you want it in no time!

:bowtie:

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Welcome to the site man!

·
In Work
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally here are some pics of the truck. All cleaned up new coat of wax on ready to start something. Only thing I have done so far was install headunit wire a amp and sub in but its just sitting in the rear floor for now. Started on a box last weekend. Needless to say the subs I bought were blown sooo it was pointless to finish the box looks hot though as long as I can still find some shallow subs to fit it.
Truckatlakefrombehindhalf.gif
Truckatlakehalfsize.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts