GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Last week I made one of the better decisions I have made in a long time and got back into a Chevy truck!

I have had four Silverados in the past ranging from standard cab/short bed/V6 to crew cab/diesel/dually with my last being an '07 extra cab with a 5.3L. My new truck is a 2014 Double Cab/Standard Box with a 5.3L and I am so happy to be back in the truck world.

As of right now, my truck is stock except for the side steps that I removed, but I plan on tinting windows this weekend... baby steps. I have some other plans down the road and I will be sure to update as I progress.

I look forward to seeing what this forum has to offer and possibly meeting up with some of you.

Cheers!

Josh

Here are a few pics...

IMG_20140803_113032_231.jpg

IMG_20140803_122135_911.jpg

IMG_20140803_122119_964.jpg

IMG_20140803_122527_635.jpg

And here it is sans steps...

IMG_20140808_214528_531.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
nice but the stripes gotta go, I seen two down at my dealer with this package, im assuming the wheels are 22's. Bumpers should have been CM.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Welcome! Sharp truck. Needs to lose the chrome ASAP :crazy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! Thank you for the warm welcome! You probably wouldn't like what I'm wearing today either. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion... so here's mine... I like the chrome and the stripes so they're gonna stay. I'm going to completely ruin it by lowering too! So there!

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Its a rough crowd, get you use to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a quick update... tinted the front windows to match the back. Installed my sub under the back seat.

It gets the 2/4 drop on Friday. I can't wait! Other than that, I think I might be done. Still debating on whether I'm gonna do exhaust or not... I'm kinda liking the quiet ride.

IMG_20140817_151449_527.jpg

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome! Interesting with the black mirrors and wheels, but I do like the wheels. Going to look nice lowered. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome! Interesting with the black mirrors and wheels, but I do like the wheels. Going to look nice lowered. Keep us posted.
Tomorrow is the day! I've never had a lowered truck before and I am looking forward to it. I just hope it comes out the way I am picturing it.

I'll post up some pics when I pick it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All done! Rough country 2/4 drop.

Ride quality is great, drives straight and no vibrations whatsoever.

$630 out the door!

IMG_20140822_183811_180_1.jpg

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
Truck looks really good, only advice I have is to colormatch the bumpers and trim around the headlights. The chrome just doesn't flow with the rest of the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! Good point and I have thought about it, but I think it would be too much red. I wonder what gloss black bumpers would look like...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts