GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, great site with alot of helpful information. I have a 00 GMC Sierra 4wd and am planning on getting an RCD 6" lift installed. I have 3.73 gears and am planning on running 35 inch tires. Question is will the tires fit and are the gears ok for the tire size. This truck will be a daily driver with occasional off road use. Is this set up ok or should I change something. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
64 Posts
jbat897 said:
Hello all, great site with alot of helpful information. I have a 00 GMC Sierra 4wd and am planning on getting an RCD 6" lift installed. I have 3.73 gears and am planning on running 35 inch tires. Question is will the tires fit and are the gears ok for the tire size. This truck will be a daily driver with occasional off road use. Is this set up ok or should I change something. Thanks for the help.

I have an '03 with a 6" RCD and 315's which amounts to a 34.6" tire and it fits. I have notice a light rub with steering cranke in reverse, but that's it.

·
Bigger than you!
196 Posts
You will probably be ok as is,but,going to 4.56's will take a lot of the strain off of your tranny. :read:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be using 16x8 wheels. Thank you for your responses I should have this completed by the last week in August and hopefully I can put pics up. Thanks again.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
if you get a good PCM tune it will help with the tranny concerns. i am gonna be running 35s with 3.73s as well, and see no problems with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts