GMC Truck Forum banner

956 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  slowsierra93 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, We just aqcuired this 1999 GMC Sierra SLT last Sunday. I am trying to find out as much as I can about these trucks, I would have preferred finding a blue silverado version, but this one was at a great price and we couldn't pass up this deal. It is very nicely equipt, better than I had hoped for, the previous owner even added a power rear sliding window. This thing has the tow package (Z82, Z85, Z88 codes). We recently took it up to LACR to try out our project race car and it towed it without a problem. The 5.3L is very potent, similar to my 5.7Ls in my Camaros. Here is a pic from the night prior to going out to the races. Nice black & white huh? We took it at night and converted the ugly, yellow color picture it to black & white. Now if you'll excuse me, I will be taking a tour of this place. :bowtie:

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks guys! :shake:

The specs on the Camaro:
B&M TH400 w/transbrake and an 8" 4000 stall Convetrer
KTRE 12-Bolt with eaton posi and 4.33
Wiseco 3.5" steel driveshaft
BMR X-Treme torque arm and SFC
FlowTech Long Tube Headers (open)
TS&P Lid and FTRA
No Interior
all on 28x11.5x15 ET Drags
car weight = 3080lbs

It will be an NHRA Super Gas competition car that needs to run 9.90s. Currently we are just testing the drivetrain. In the next couple of weeks we are going to have the following parts installed:
PA-Racing light weight k-member
Aerospace light weight drag brakes
HAL drag shocks
heads and cam
10-point cage
Kirky light weight seat

It should be running low-11s or high-10s by then. It currently runs mid/high 12s at LACR, but that is not a full pass. :)

#8 ·
Ah, welcome over. I see you're new over on LS1truck too. :anitoof:

BTW, 1999s had lots of problems stock (I know I used to have a '99 before I got my '01)... so just getting it up to par with a late 2000 or '01 and up will yield NICE gains. Mainly in the KR and tuning areas is where they really suffered.

#12 ·
00Silverado said:
We have various meet, be sure to check the events forum frequently for new stuff going down :D
Ah, OK will check that out, thanks! :)

Hit Man X said:
Ah, welcome over. I see you're new over on LS1truck too. :anitoof:

BTW, 1999s had lots of problems stock (I know I used to have a '99 before I got my '01)... so just getting it up to par with a late 2000 or '01 and up will yield NICE gains. Mainly in the KR and tuning areas is where they really suffered.
:anitoof:

Hmm, geuss I'll just have to buy another HPTuners cable for my truck, eh? :naughty:

#13 ·
12secSS said:
CHOP Hmm, geuss I'll just have to buy another HPTuners cable for my truck, eh? :naughty:

If ya can tune it DO IT! It probably has that 8° KR and the timing as well as fuel tables are lower in the '99s stock too. Oh and their stock cams are smaller than the '00+ also. :leghump:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.