GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, as you all know i picked it up damn near DONE. so i had to do SOMETHING to it so i could make it my own. u wont catch me takin all the credit for it but atleast i can say i have done something. lol.

i took the panels and the front pillars out and sent them to mind to metal here in houston (spring to be exact) for paint. they turned out pretty good. also, i had ray (rpmgraphicsandcustoms.com) build me a mod board that is totally badass. it matches the paint scheme on the truck and really stands out. next is to get the headliner done, but here are the pics.

panels-5.jpg

panels-8.jpg

without flash
panels-6.jpg

PANELS!

Beaux070.jpg

Beaux071.jpg

Beaux072.jpg

Beaux073.jpg

Beaux074.jpg

Beaux075.jpg

Beaux076.jpg

panels-1.jpg

panels-2.jpg

panels-3.jpg

panels-4.jpg

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
before and after pic

before(best i could find)
100_0099.jpg

after
panels-4.jpg

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
Ill admit it I actually like it

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Nice, you added interior door handles also? In the before pics it looks like the hole is covered with diamond plate.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice, you added interior door handles also? In the before pics it looks like the hole is covered with diamond plate.
yeah, the original owner had that cut to cover the door holes, but IMO it was a dumb idea and if u turned the radio up very loud they would rattle off. so i just put stock handles back in it. im gonna paint em all black soon along with the kick panels and the last few pieces of trim. they are just dummy handles, but it looks better then the diamond plate imo

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
100% better.

How about a black headliner to match the seats?
thats EXACTLY what ive been thinking. its either that, or having it glassed and PAINTED black.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
yeah, the original owner had that cut to cover the door holes, but IMO it was a dumb idea and if u turned the radio up very loud they would rattle off. so i just put stock handles back in it. im gonna paint em all black soon along with the kick panels and the last few pieces of trim. they are just dummy handles, but it looks better then the diamond plate imo

I think they look good like they are . Do you have buttons to pop the doors on the inside of the truck or do you have to use the remote?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
thats EXACTLY what ive been thinking. its either that, or having it glassed and PAINTED black.

Either leather or paint will look great. Are you going to get rid of the last bit of stock gray out of the interior? I still see some towards the back wall and around the door seals. Maybe you could wrap those pieces in whatever you use for the headliner?

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think they look good like they are . Do you have buttons to pop the doors on the inside of the truck or do you have to use the remote?
just the door popper remote. if i get stuck inside, there is no getting out. lol. i got plenty of shit inside though that i could bust the windown with.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Either leather or paint will look great. Are you going to get rid of the last bit of stock gray out of the interior? I still see some towards the back wall and around the door seals. Maybe you could wrap those pieces in whatever you use for the headliner?
yeah, those back side pieces, the door kick panels along the bottom, and the kick panels up by the floor mats, the door handles, and the molding around the two ac vents on the top of the dash are all gonna get done in black. once i do that, and the headliner, the interior really will be COMPLETE

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Looks good James. A little heads up though...if you're thinking of glassing and painting the headliner yourself good luck. I've been working on mine in my full size since I saw the blue ext. cab one in Marshall and it's not very fun at all. Lots of itchy nights and dust filled noses, but in the end it's the best looking mod for the headliner. I vote glass and paint it black!

Chris
Acro Texas

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nah, i would be letting jamel at mind to metal do it. im not versed on fiberglass or paint enough to try it myself

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
nicely done - you will be at Gator Drag..right?

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
NIce...I bet that thing is better to drive then the Tahoe???

As far as the head liner I would just get it covered black cuz Imagine the finger prints and all the other stuff that would show up it would also be really shiny!! IMO

Looks nice though.... oh yeah I dont like the rear veiw mirror but its whatever floats your boat!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts