GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new camera..its a Cannon powershot Sx200is...really nice camera..zoom is rediculous on it and pictures are very crisp..

i just noticed some of them are not very sharp..what do i change to make them all crisp? i was using a tripod and self timer

my first time trying to take night pictures..i had the shutter open for 1.3 and 1.6 seconds and ISO either 400 or 800..any advice on this?

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
using one with a self timer..

i think that i had the shutter open for a little to long..on the darker pictures they are crisper
adjust your white balance and make sure the cam doesnt move at all.

be careful with high ISO, it will make your pics grainy

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
adjust your white balance and make sure the cam doesnt move at all.

be careful with high ISO, it will make your pics grainy
i just looked at the details..the darker, crisper pictures are iso 200 and 1.3 shutter..all the other ones are higher iso and longer shutter..

it was my first time EVER taking night pictures so i had no idea what to use for settings..

the cam was on the tripod and a 5 second timer so i was a few feet away

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like your tails. I have that krylon fusion paint and clear. You do any special prepping or anything special after paint like all the other guys did for their tail tint threads.
all i did was take a red scotchbrite pad and try to rough them up a bit, but i dont think it did much..that krylon fusion really bonds well to plastic..i havent had a single issue

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i did 3 coats of the black, then waited about 10 minutes, then did about 6 coats of clear..waiting only a few minutes between each coat..didnt wetsand or anything but i could have to make them even more shiny, but they work for me

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Get some TYC projector headlights, badass!!

·
Needs more black
1,600 Posts
Pictures turned out nice!:D Love the wheels but I'm a little biased, I need to get some good shots of my Tahoe and night but it might be hard to capured since everything is black lol!:cool:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
turn your iso down, i like 100-200 at night. set your f stop as high as it will go, and then let it do long shutters. 8-10-15 seconds if not more. also try to set the white balance for the tungsten setting, that should get rid of that yellow over cast. or you can always do a custom white balance

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks good dude, I need to get a better camera night pics of my truck don't show up for shit.
this camera me and the gf just got is badass..cannon sx200is..

its pricy at 350 bucks, but its about the best you can get..the zoom goes to 330mm i believe and it will focus on something you put right against the lens basically..tons of settings etc..pretty damn good for your point and shoot..

ill mess with some settings and try some more..like i said it was the first night we got the camera and first time i tried..thanks for all the input guys

1 - 20 of 22 Posts