GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See, I painted my truck this weekend :head: ....but its not the one your thinking. I wish I could really get painted sometime soon though.

I was walking through Walley World Friday and saw this on a clearance rack. Its was normally 30 bucks and was on sale for 5 bucks. I bought it b/c I figured I could give it to my son or something like that. Anyway I got home and was in the garage and realized that I had some paint left over so a little lightbulb turned on in my head. So after a few minutes of taping it up and a few coats of paint this is what it looks like for now. I will post up pics when I finish.

I know its not the exact same as my truck but its close......not bad for 5 bucks.

IMG_0773.gif

IMG_0774.gif

IMG_0775.gif

IMG_0785.gif

I know its hard to see the color but it matches my truck. I will finish it up tonight.
IMG_0789.gif

IMG_0790.gif

·
Registered
734 Posts
You cant go wrong at that price and you know your son will love it!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I'm finishing it up now and I 'm kicking myself for not taking the front window and rear window stickers off before I painted. Now I'm gonna have a hard time getting them off without messing up the paint. If I cant get them off I may just cover them up with something black or color them with a magic marker.

Here is what it looked like last night. I put batteries in it and drove it around the kitchen its its very cool.....will do 360s and the taillights(including 3rd braqke light) works. The headlights work but they are green leds......I don't know why?

added some chrome tape to make a little billet grill
IMG_0817.gif

IMG_0832.gif

IMG_0818.gif

IMG_0833.gif

IMG_0819.gif

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
I want to find a lifted chevy one and do the same thing! But all the "off road" trucks are fords and dodges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts