GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my truck back from the auto body shop with new paint on the hood, fender, dr door, front and rear bumpers. I know I can't wax it for 6 months which is what they said. I noticed the past few days that it collects dust really bad because it has no protection(wax/sealer). Since it is winter I usually run it through the touchless car wash. Can I use the wax, rainx treatments on the new paint? I think they said it is ok. Or is there any other way to protect the paint?

I know there is alot of auto body guys here and detailers, I need your opinion please.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

@Col 10
@silverboy02

I know you 2 work at a body shop and know paint well and your trucks always look great.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
You don’t need to put anything that will seal the surface for at least a couple months. If you trap solvents it will cause delamination issues down the road.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You don’t need to put anything that will seal the surface for at least a couple months. If you trap solvents it will cause delamination issues down the road.
Ok thanks. I guess I will have to wash it more often. I don't want the salt to sit on it too long and etch the paint How soft is the paint? Then in july it will go in for a full correction detail job.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Just soap it and rinse it at least every week.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just soap it and rinse it at least every week.
Hate to say it but my only way to wash it is with a touchless car wash. But I only get the plain wash with no extras. Might sign up for unlimited washes since I might do it twice a week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts