GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just puchased some aftermarket ASP pulleys and some electric fans for my 04 silverado 5.3. An I was just wondering if anyone else out there is running aftermarket pullys or fans on the NBS V8? An if so, can you really feel a differance in the power? Or gas millage?

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Buddy of mine got 12 RWHP with just the UD crank pulley. Cant remember what ge got from the fans though. I have an ASP thats going on with my cam.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I could feel a difference. I mostly felt throttle response. Be prepared to have you lights dim at stop lights, if you got the alternator pulley too. Gas mileage? What is that?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm coming up with a harness that will allow the fans to come on low when the engine reaches a certain temp, high when the ac is on, and a third control; toggle switch in the cab that will allow you to turn them off completely, or constant high, nice for the track.

expect a tenth or two with those two mods, it will make your engine feel lighter and rev smoother, imo.

later,

allen

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
silverbullet... those are definetly good mods to loosen up some "stuck" HP...

in my case, being that i live in Tucson, it is better for me to keep the clutch fan, during the hot summer months, it really helps motor keep cooler with out draining my electrics...

·
Registered
489 Posts
where did you get those from..?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
My did even with the 150A alternator. Even more so since the efans. I took off the alternator pully and the 150A alternator and they did not dim as much.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I just confused my self, so here:

UDCP + UDAP = Dimming
UDCP + UDAP + EFans = Dimming
UDCP + UDAP + EFans + 150A = Dimming
Everything - DUAP = No Dimming

ntjeepster said:
where did you get those from..?
Efans - local guy off of his 98 Fomula
UDPs - TBRYNE

·
Registered
406 Posts
SilverBullit,

Hate to bring up a real old post here, but do you have model numbers for the pulley and e-fans that you got for your 04? I want to do the same installs on my 04 Sierra, but wasn't sure if the pulleys for the 04's are the same as the other year models or not. Did you ever get these installed? Any problems or comments?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Be aware of undercharge at idle...

·
Registered
406 Posts
silverbullet,

Did you ever get the pulley and e-fans installed? I was just wondering how it was working out for ya.

I have yet to see the pulley stated to fit the 04 models. I am assuming that the pulley for the 99-03 is the same? My e-fans are my next purchase and I would like to do the pulley at the same time if possible. I am just collecting parts to install right now, got quite a pile in my apartment right now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts