GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I removed stepbars and bug guard.

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Look! No more fender trim!

Now the torsion bars are raises (1 and 1/2 inches), and I've added 95-98 mirrors and also put the trim back on. Not sure if I like it better on or off. Let me know.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Definately looks clean :drool: Take off the 4x4 sticker for sure and maybe the molding :imo

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think I like it better without the fender trim. Although with your color scheme, it doesn't look bad with it at all. On my truck it looked much better without it. It's all up to you haha

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definately looks clean :drool: Take off the 4x4 sticker for sure and maybe the molding :imo
The 4x4 sticker is the next thing to be dropped. And I wana remove the molding soo bad but the truck's been repainted a few years back and the halfass bodyman painted around the molding and badges so I'm almost positive it's a different shade of paint underneath the badges and molding.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I like it better without the fender trim. Although with your color scheme, it doesn't look bad with it at all. On my truck it looked much better without it. It's all up to you haha
I can't make a decision on it! In person it looks better WITH the trim but by looking at these pictures it looks better WITHOUT.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good...I'd take off that fender trim and the rain deflectors on the doors if it were my truck though...but that's just me, if you like 'em, by all means keep 'em. The Mirrors were a nice change for sure. I am also biased because I like the color.
Thanks. Like I said earlier I'm not sure about the fender trim its probly gona come off get back on come off get back on for awhile until I make a final decision. And yal give me hell about those rain deflectors but for me (Im a smoker) they sure as hell come in handy!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think with your truck the fender trim helps tie the bottom color in to the top. I actually like it but I would take the 4x4 sticker off.

·
Registered
97 Posts
looks alot better without the fender trim and that sucks about the molding but you can still lose your 4x4 decals also looks better since you cranked your t-bars

·
Registered
564 Posts
looks a lot better now, i'd leave the trim if it were mine, doesn't look bad at all with the two tone paint imo... lose the 4x4 stickers too, but don't pull the moldings if its been repainted... oh and i've got some spare aluminum wheels if you want a diff look, they need new center caps, but i'll let em go cheap...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looks a lot better now, i'd leave the trim if it were mine, doesn't look bad at all with the two tone paint imo... lose the 4x4 stickers too, but don't pull the moldings if its been repainted... oh and i've got some spare aluminum wheels if you want a diff look, they need new center caps, but i'll let em go cheap...
im gona keep my wheels for now, i got a transmission that needs to be fixed. i appreciate it though.

what kind of transmission is your old truck?

·
Weapons
375 Posts
take off all molding, trim, stickers and color match mirrors IMO. Looks much better though man

1 - 20 of 22 Posts