GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TOFUGUY
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't post very much but figured i'd post a couple pics of my updates on my truck... its slowly but surely coming along. I just got 5% tint all around and a strip on the windshield (not pictured). Since I've joined these forums I've 5% tinted, winshield bug deflector, yellow fog housings, yellow fog bulbs, Eurodezigns high/low bulbs, clear turn signal housings, LED DRL's, Silverstar amber large blinkers, LED small amber blinkers, LED reverse lights, chrome bed rails (i scored those for free!), and done the 4HI mod... thes forums are great to read about and view mods that I hope to someday achieve. Future plans are red LED taillights (clean lookin ones not altezzas), smoked LED cab light, dual chrome tips (i was thinkin of doing exhaust but i just want the nice dual crhome tips and stock muffler to keep it quiet), esky handles, chrome bug deflector, window rain guards, 3pc vertical billet grill set, paint mirrors or chrome caps not sure yet. After that it'll be the long saving period for 20"+ rims/tires. Thanks for the great posts guys , keep the great threads comin!

BTW: I'm sure you're going "WTF is up with the clear/yellow light setup?"... well im into Bippu, VIP style japanese cars, and yellow fogs are a style similiar to them... the clear/yellow looks great at night and is totally different than any of the trucks in town! Hope you enjoy my different tastes, and yes, they're VERY bright at night they help a ton!

BEFORE:
gmc.gif

AFTER:
01-1.gif

a001.jpg

a004.jpg

a005.jpg

a006.jpg

·
Registered
8,269 Posts
u definitely have a unique style...many will disagree with your choice in mods, but its your truck. How bout some pics of the heads and fogs on?

·
TOFUGUY
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, people always have a problem with whats different... but im not really a truck guy, well not yet, im into japanese cars and driving more than parking and looking good... so its different, but fun for me, i'm enjoying the comfort of the truck! i will try to get some pics of the truck at night tonight with the lights on, they look great coming down the road! you can definately tell who it is froma mile away and thats what i was shooting for, im known for doing that this is my real project here:

·
tell Sloan I said whatup
1,951 Posts
grind on the bed rails skater/
jk, definitely different tho.

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
I actually think those ricey fog lights are kind of cool. Wouldn't want on my truck, but they do look kinda neat/different.

Would strongly advise against the chrome bug deflector and bed rails though...those scream "old man wagon" in my opinion. Otherwise plans sounds good. Recommend going for the mods that make it look "cleaner" first, like the esky handles & mirrors...most people really wind up liking that look.

That Corolla is rear wheel drive, correct? Don't understand how you can tolerate that sticker in your view though!

·
TOFUGUY
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah its RWD, last year. eh the decal is very noticable and rememberable, the whole point of its existance... nobody can be original enough to be noticed today enough to get sponsors, so doing crazy stuff to catch peoples attention are ways of catching haters and sponsors eyes... not that my car is THAT crazy, but certain things make my car memorable in the tri-state area atleast lol... the sticker isnt in my way. searching traction optional drifting on youtube for some aciton of the hachi!

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
the funny thing is yellow fogs are actually the best color for fogs. I'm getting a 3000k hid kit for the fogs on my s4. /I'd lose the bed rails if you get rims. They only belong on lifted trucks imo

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
I used to autocross, but I've never known anyone in the truck scene with a drifting car. I like the fog lights though pretty nifty. I had walmart blue ones

·
Registered
117 Posts
I actually like the yellow fogs alot!!! I would definately not do a crome bug def. though. Everything else sounds sweet!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts