1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
adopt children not styles
454 Posts
nice pictures man, lookin' good :head: i love the second picture

·
Registered
353 Posts
A multi million dollar plane just put out in the weeds. So glad to see my tax dollars just sit there and rust.

Truck looks great.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
5.3vortec said:
A multi million dollar plane just put out in the weeds. So glad to see my tax dollars just sit there and rust.

Truck looks great.
I really hope you're joking... F-4 Phantoms (Vietnam era) are so outdated, its not even funny. Not to mention that they're ugly as fuck. There is a reason that the few remaining ones that are still operable are used at target drones. :read:

Badass pics. :rocking:

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Grant said:
I really hope you're joking... F-4 Phantoms (Vietnam era) are so outdated, its not even funny. Not to mention that they're ugly as fuck. There is a reason that the few remaining ones that are still operable are used at target drones. :read:

Badass pics. :rocking:

The only reason they the sitting out there is to add to the effect of our NBC training.

do you know what davis-monthan is?... the storage facitlty of all the services retired aircraft....

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
nice looking pics....now if you would have had the hood open with a blower sitting there i'd be alot more impressed.
get on it you fag!

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
onyx said:
The only reason they the sitting out there is to add to the effect of our NBC training.

do you know what davis-monthan is?... the storage facitlty of all the services retired aircraft....

Yeah, I'm familiar with it.

But like I said, they're not in front-line service anymore. They're used as target drones by the Navy and AF, and the AF uses some as trainers for German Luftwaffe squadrons, out in New Mexico.

okie_in_cali said:
Sweet pics man!!!!

Really sad to see the A-10 just collecting rust and dust. I guess it make's a good back drop for pic's.

I'm guessing that most of those (if not all) are airframes that have exceeded their flight hour limitations, and to return to service would require G-restriction and/or extensive structural modification. Aircraft wear out just like anything else, unfortunately. But on the bright side, it gives the military an excuse to buy better, newer stuff. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts