GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
added the 2" body lift, 17x9 mickey thompson wheels, billet bowtie, black valance and bedlined frame and hitch. basically done for now. just need to weld on my d-ring mounts and end caps to the front of the frame. whatcha think?

P6150035.jpg

P6150023.jpg

P6150020.jpg

P6150006.jpg

P6150017.jpg

P6150014.jpg

P6150009.jpg

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
looks good.love that year of truck. my fave gmfs for sure.
the gmc molding looks great on there. how did u line it up? i thought of doing that to my nnbs but dont know how it would match up or even how to get everything straight and level.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
It looks so clean. Nice job on it :D What size body lift did you go with?

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the compliments. :shake:

the gmc molding looks great on there. how did u line it up? i thought of doing that to my nnbs but dont know how it would match up or even how to get everything straight and level.
it's been a while since i did it but i think this is what i did. i believe i just measured off the body line and mocked everything with tape first.

it only took you forever to get it to look that good. good job bub lol :handshake:
haha i know tell me about it. almost have had the truck for 2 years now.

What size body lift did you go with?
03-05 2" performance accessories.

That height looks almost perfect for a DD, not that tall but not stock.
yeah 33's are perfect for a daily imo even tho i'd like to throw another 6" under it. :crazy:
after these tires where out, which i can't wait because i hate them, i'd like to throw on some 33x13.50's muds.

It looks awesome man but what about gap gaurds?
still undecided on them. it doesn't bother me that much. the whole frame and rear wheel wells are now bedlined so it's less noticable. if i were to run them, it would only be in the rear and i'd make something out of metal and bedlined to match. the front i wouldn't do anything so when i throw my stainless steel headers on you can see them.

·
Registered
600 Posts
im a big fan of your truck its clean and simple no BS :)

·
Fat Ginger Kid
2,896 Posts
Looks so clean and simple. Good job.:thumbsup:

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
looks clean man

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks fellas.
what do you guys think about running spacers until i get some wider tires? the 295's just don't stick out far enough for my tastes.

making the bumper brackets took some thinking but wasn't too bad. just a shit load of measuring to make sure it was where they were suppose to be. basically just cut the mount off the frame as close as i could, used a 90º piece of metal to hold it up and welded it all together. don't have pics of the side bumper brackets but i just welded a piece of metal to it to lengthen and drilled new holes. brought the bumper up 2 1/4" to fill up some of the stock bumper gap as well. these are the only pics i have on me. still have to pull the bumper off and plate the end of the frame and weld on my d-ring mounts.

IMG00422.jpg

IMG00421.jpg

IMG00420.jpg

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
Turned out great.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks.