All I can say is.... I want :pepper:

Here's all I have on it...a google search could come up with more but I'm lazy

Product Information

* Stronger than PC 7424 with 4.5 amps and 6,800 OPMs
* More ergonomic placement of speed dial and upgraded on/off switch
* Break down polishes more effectively and faster than the PC 7424
* 3 year warranty, 1 year service, 90 day money back guarantee

Product Description
Porter Cable has upped the ante with their new buffer, the 7424XP. The PC 7424 has been the detailing standard for many years as it was proven to be paint safe, reliable, versatile and effective at properly applying products and breaking down polishes at an affordable price point. The new model, 7424XP, has taken all of the great features of the 7424 model and improved upon them, specifically with the power. The motor was upgraded from 3.7 amps to 4.5 amps, along with faster orbiting speeds. The 7424 oscillated at 6,000 OPMs, while the 7424XP oscillates up to 6,800 OPMs, over 13% faster. The larger motor also allows you to apply more pressure without the unit bogging down so quickly. The new PC 7424XP also redesigned their on/off switch as well as the placement of the speed dial for better ergonomics. For more information you can read the instruction manual that ships with the product.

The new Porter Cable 7424XP now includes a 3 year limited warranty, 1 year free service and a 90 day money back guarantee (through Porter Cable).

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
I have one similar to this.. works great.

·
A walking ball of wax
3,549 Posts
So you couldnt hold of the group buy for a couple weeks?
I imagine he didn't know at the time. I just found out last week of the new PC. Honestly, I don't feel it's going be a night and day difference, just an upgrade. So, nothing to worry about :D.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
:nono:

This always happens to me, I buy something and something better comes out. Or I buy something and it goes on sale a week later. (screams out loud "WWWWWHHHHYYYY")

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
exactly. Plus, not a big enough change over the last one to make this any more desirable imo. Just a new design that'll be just as effective as the last one, or vice versa :)

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
"For more information you can read the instruction manual that ships with the product."

HAhahahahahaha what the fuck.

Seems that you guys IN THE LOOP should of let members of our GMFS brotherhood know what's up.

Psst.. Hey guys, a new model is RIGHT around the corner, wait a month or two....

:321:

But hey, all's fair in love, war and sales :crazy:

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
The old one is just fine!! No need to want this one if you have the old one, it will work just fine and has for a long time. The only thing is the new one carries a 3 year warranty I believe compared to a 1 year on the old one. But I've never had a problem with mine in the years I've had it.

·
Pro Installz
1,047 Posts
I have been using a makita OB for years whats so special about this this. I see guys on autogeek love it. Is it just easier to use without swirling?

·
Registered
687 Posts
"For more information you can read the instruction manual that ships with the product."

HAhahahahahaha what the fuck.

Seems that you guys IN THE LOOP should of let members of our GMFS brotherhood know what's up.

Psst.. Hey guys, a new model is RIGHT around the corner, wait a month or two....

:321:

But hey, all's fair in love, war and sales :crazy:
LOL I've known about it since April...but like Chris said it's not really worth waiting for

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
The old one is just fine!! No need to want this one if you have the old one, it will work just fine and has for a long time. The only thing is the new one carries a 3 year warranty I believe compared to a 1 year on the old one. But I've never had a problem with mine in the years I've had it.
Yep, the 7424 I'm using now has been solid for the past 4 years w/ no issues :)

I have been using a makita OB for years whats so special about this this. I see guys on autogeek love it. Is it just easier to use without swirling?
Totally different machine than a rotary style machine. Nothing "special" about this really, just that its a random orbital machine so it has a little different action, and that makes it a little more user friendly and safer, in that theres a reduced chance of burning the paint.
Plus, w/ the introduction of Meguiars 105 and 205 combo, it can do a significant amount of correct that rivals rotary machines w/o the risk of them.

·
Pro Installz
1,047 Posts
I have a few new products in the cabinet I have not tried yet I got the itchy trigger finger one day and bought some Menzera SIP, IP, and one other one maybe P.O.187 are those designed for old schoolers like myself. I am use to the 10 year old bottle of 3m compound and grey polish. any advise? I am about to 2500-3000 my 08 Vette all over to get the peel out and hate to try a new product over something I am used to.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
LMAO... I have 2 "old ones" now. One setup with my big pads, one setup for my 4" spot pads so I don't have to change the adapter on the fly. I also ordered a new one which should be here next week... shit... anyone wanna buy a slightly used 7424?? :LOL:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts