GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to mess with the over head console....The only pocket i use is the sunglass one so im shaving all the others...What do you guys think?
heres the first layer of bondo..
IMG_0271.jpg

smoothed out first layer ready for second....
IMG_0273.jpg

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
That's gonna look good!

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
yeah, definitely..i need to learn how to use that stuff..i'd like to fill in the ridges in my dash bezel:hmm:

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
yeah, definitely..i need to learn how to use that stuff..i'd like to fill in the ridges in my dash bezel:hmm:
That's what I used to fill mine in. That's gonna look awesome when you get it done.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments guys....i sanded down the second layer of bondo and its coming together good... Tomorrow i will work on it more and take some pics of the progress..

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
i agree its gonna look good, but for some reason I think it will look funny seeing only one pocket in such a long space, almost like there should be something else there, you know? any ideas to add anything?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Its a little late now to try to add things. I think the concept of it is cool, but I wouldnt have done it. I think it will look kinda goofy without anything there to break it up. Maybe some cool paint work, like some pinstriping. That one guy on here does good work. That would look sick I think!

·
The Woolly One
404 Posts
I've seen it used to mount buttons and switches and what-not. Extra interior lighting could be neat.

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Instead of bondo try using epoxy filler. It works killer no shrinkage.Ive used it on my 95 dash. you can get it at any boat suply store.
Epoxy..... really :hmm:

Any particular brand? I also want to fill in my dash bezel grooves.... it's already painted, but it attracts dust like a magnet in those grooves :nono:

·
QuadraSteernado
8,385 Posts
That looks awesome dude!!
I wish I could use bondo that well.
Me using bondo is like a retard trying to hump a door-knob.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts