GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Under Construction
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently torqed my front end level and now it rides real rough in the front I know it's because of the shocks being so stretched out but do you think that I could just change my shocks to get a better ride?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Im guessing you mean you cranked your torsion bars...if thats the case the ride is stiffenend because you increased your spring rate on your torsion bars. New shocks won't help...about the only thing that can is decranking your torsion bars.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
RedneckDude said:
Im guessing you mean you cranked your torsion bars...if thats the case the ride is stiffenend because you increased your spring rate on your torsion bars. New shocks won't help...about the only thing that can is decranking your torsion bars.
Sort of. The tbars don't really change rate as you crank them, they just get more torque put on them so they go higher. But, when you crank it you lift the little foam rubber thing off the LCA, which is part of the spring system and modifys the spring rate of the torsion bar, therefore once its no longer in contact with the foam thing its not doing any good and the spring rate has changed making it feel like crap. Shocks won't help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts