GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about buying some new shocks for my truck (mine have about 80k on them) and was wondering if I could run a single Fox or Sway A Way Shock in front. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
229 Posts
the way stock shocks are set up is strut style, and i dont beleive fox or SAW makes strut style shocks. would have to modify the mounting system to get them to work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes but it'll require customizing the upper and lower shock mounts. It'll require a talented welder but isn't that difficult to do. Go look at the front shock lower mount (on the lower control arm) and you'll see what I mean. The actual Fox or Sway-A-Way 2.0 shock would need to have the existing mounts cut and ground smooth and then new ends (aka mounts) would need to be welded into position. Custom Modifications + Shocks = Expensive.

There are a few pin mount Fox shocks available but they are usually REALLY short and are designed for use on VW's. Not exactly the shock you want on the front of your truck. In the Fox line it'll probably be under "Class 11" shocks.

Jeff @ PLC
www.PerformanceLifts.com

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw a guy that had the Bilstein 7100 mounted on the side of the LCA mount. I know this isn't good to do, but for a week or 2 i'm probably going to run them that way with no offroad use. I'm probably going to end up fabbing up an adapter for them to fit. As for the upper mount i'm going to get a shock hoop made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts