GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Dude
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the stock Duelers are getting bald and I'm shopping for some new tread. Stock size is P265/70/17. How much bigger can I go without rubbing? 285 maybe? Stock suspension and no T-Bar crank. I'm looking at the Nitto Terra Grapplers and my next question is do I go with the P or LT tires? I'm not too worried about load rating since I don't haul/tow much, but the LT's are able to run much higher tire pressures, 80psi compared to 35psi in the P series. Would I notice any increase in mileage if I went with the Lt's at 60 psi compared to the P's at 35psi? I'm open to any other tire suggestions too. I do mostly on road driving, 75% of which is highway.

·
Registered
424 Posts
285's should fit without any crank unless your rig is seriously raked from the factory. Oh and regardless of max tire pressure, unless your doing some serious weight hauling, 35-40psi is all you'll every need for the tires. I'd go with the lt's regardless though.

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
I say LT's just because I see flats constantly with mini trucks running P's, and a fullsize should be no exception. One buddy was getting flats every 2 weeks, and carried 3 spares for his ranger, once he went to LT's, he hasn't had one in 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
i think the terra grapplers come in a 285/70/17 and a 295/70/17. Either of these will fit

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Yeah only go 285's if you want no rubbing at all with it uncranked... If you trimmed the inner plastic, not metal, you could fit bigger... like 305's... or even 315's with ford keys and plastic trimming.

·
The Dude
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah only go 285's if you want no rubbing at all with it uncranked... If you trimmed the inner plastic, not metal, you could fit bigger... like 305's... or even 315's with ford keys and plastic trimming.

285's are probably the biggest I'd go with the stock ride height and stock wheels. I don't want any problems down the line.

·
The Dude
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think the make the 285/75/16 in a P type. They only make them in the LT.
No, they don't make the 285's in a P series. I was just looking at the P265's because Discount Tire has them for $121.00 a piece as opposed to around $180.00 for the 285's. I'm just not sure on which way to go yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts