GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DSC00793.gif

Picture028-2.gif

Guys, I'll be honest. I really have no clue to anything when it comes to audio. My factory 6.5"s and 4x6's sound battered! Listening to them makes me hate them more and more. Currently I have this MMATs Pro Audio 10" running off of one of their amps. Other than that, I'm on the factory speakers!:pow: Now, I dont want to go overboard with a set of speakers (nothing for competition or anything), I simply want something that sounds better than these stockers. What setup would you recommend running? TIA

-audio n00b:jester:

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
If you're gonna keep it on deck power, stay with something entry level. I've installed Polk Audio DB coaxials, JL TR coax's, Alpine coax's, and several others that sounded real good.

9,797 Posts
I agree with Jony...if you plan to amp them then I would put some Crystal SSCS in the front doors (components) with about 100x2 on them and let urself enjoy them. They are great components for the money and sound as good as much more expensive speakers. I wouldn't worry about the speakers behind the seat.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
preferably, i'd rather keep my factory headunit. i personally like the looks of it and the simplicity of it. with that said, would i need another amp? I have one now and it still has a positive and negative with nothing wired to it. told ya im a noob! :jester: sorry for the entry level questions.:shake:

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
With the factory radio, you'd better find something real efficient like the ones I mentioned.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Not if you get something that's efficient. An amp would help, but with entry level speakers it's not required.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I agree with Jony...if you plan to amp them then I would put some Crystal SSCS in the front doors (components) with about 100x2 on them and let urself enjoy them. They are great components for the money and sound as good as much more expensive speakers. I wouldn't worry about the speakers behind the seat.
word, Crystal makes some really really nice speakers for the price, i heard cajundraggers and they sounded dope

·
Registered
353 Posts
wow, i haven't been here in for ever.

i have to apologize for the couple PM's i never returned, that are covered in dust.

i'd have to check availability if you really want them. i am trying to not handle the crystal's anymore. awesome speaker, but the company has shut down. not due to poor business, there was an unexpected and unfortunate personal matter that forced the decision. so anything i were to move, might not be able to get warrantied IF the situation came about. and i don't want to do anyone like that.

for the price point, i just couldn't find anything that could take as much power, get as loud, and sound as good as the crystals.

my second choice i like in that price point for sweet sound is the DLS R6A. it was a close toss up between them and crystal imo. they just had their different charictaristics and the DLS couldn't get as loud as the crystals.

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
:word: was looking to upgrade to comps up front and heard about you getting good deals on the crystals, but now that you can't im interested in the DLS's

·
Registered
353 Posts
they run $170 shipped. as long as there's no dealer in your area. i'm allowed to ship out, as long as there is no local dealer in that territory.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts