GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6.0l 2500HD 4x4 and i think stock is 300 or 310hp. The new silverado SS has the 6.0l engine in it right? If so does anyone know how they grabbed about an extra 100 ponies outa it?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
345 for the SS, dunno what it is for the regular. Maybe a different cam, different computer tuning. Could be alot of things. I bet you can get alot more than 345 out of a 6.0 though.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
didnt they downgrade the performance of the 6.0 in the SS because the drivetrain couldnt handle it or something? I coulda sworn I heard that somewhere...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Slash4824 said:
didnt they downgrade the performance of the 6.0 in the SS because the drivetrain couldnt handle it or something? I coulda sworn I heard that somewhere...

I guess you could say that because they didn't put a big block in it :D :flame:

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ahh ok i thought it was around 400hp i guess im an idiot thanks a lot for pointing it out assholes :drool:

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Overall i think a truck with 345 as a companys "fast truck" is kind of sad. I wouldn't mind having that motor sitting in my engine bay though :bowtie:

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
zubyc said:
Overall i think a truck with 345 as a companys "fast truck" is kind of sad. I wouldn't mind having that motor sitting in my engine bay though :bowtie:

The HP gets more and more every year my friend...... you wouldn't be saying that a few years ago, now would you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts