GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a friend that drives a 04 SCSB 5.3, well my friend has been adding all the bolt-ons an such to give it added power, an now he wants to make the outside look good. So he was thinking about adding all the SS emblems to the sides an tailgate an buying some used SS rims an maybe the body kit. So basicaly he will make it look like a single cab SS truck. What do yall think about that idea? BTW, are the new SS 20s light, compaired to all the chrome 20s?

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Personally I think it would look sweet. There are a few RCSB SS clones on this site, and I think each one looks good.

As far as the wheels go...tbyrne is selling some 20 and 22 inch replica rims in chrome or silver (for a pretty good price too). I would suggest the chrome, but hey thats just me. http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3778

As far as the emblems, I'd check ebay. I don't know what kind of body kit you want to get, but check http://www.sporttruckdirect.com. They have a lot of stuff to make your silverado look like an SS.

Hope this helps :bowtie:

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Nothing wrong with the SS wheels. Ive got some. Not exactlly what I would call light. They are nice and easy to clean though.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
I think it would look tight, I know you can but the SS interior emblem and instrument cluster on ebay. The non chrome SS 20's are the only 20's I can honestly say I love because you dont see many 20's that arent chrome or blingin or whatever.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Jared,

Your truck rocks.

I was going to do the same thing, same wheels, same color. I decided on a 2001 Charcoal Gray Metallic Tahoe LS instead of a truck.

Where did you pick the wheels up from? SilveradoSS.com does not have much to choose from right now, they're all on Ebay and are too expensive.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
i have SS rims... and they are NOT light... 78 lbs w/ tire.... i'm getting rid of them and goin with some centerlines....

here is what the truck looks like with out the 2/4 drop...

·
Truck Nut
1,476 Posts
SS wheels look alright, but if your getting new rims, might as well get something you really like not just the GM brand. As far as the SS emblems thats like saying your integra is a "Type R" when its not. Or a civic with type r emblems when its just an DX or EX. :crazy:

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
thats why i just wanted the rims... i wanted it to look like a performance truck.. i didnt want chrome or the bling-bling effect.. because in essence, i'm trying to build a fast ass truck... if i can find some thick 5 spoke wheels in the finish the SS wheels have... i would be stoked.

·
Registered
736 Posts
99Silver5.3 said:
Nothing wrong with the SS wheels. Ive got some. Not exactlly what I would call light. They are nice and easy to clean though.
Now that is a damn good looking truck, those rims look awesome, way better then chrome IMO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts