GMC Truck Forum banner

New Stereo

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Nikolai 
#1 ·
I purchased my new stereo today...it might be a week before I get it but the discounts I got from SONY were out of this world.

Link: Crutchfield

Retail is $699.99, crutchfield price is $659.99, online price is around $450 the cheapest, I got this baby for $364.99 This is the latest sony model and the only differnece between this one and the 9900 is that the 9905 model has all blue lighted buttons. sweet.... Anyways I thought you guys might want to see this stereo, I plan to install this baby in my center console when I get it finaly this week. And put an LCD in the stock radio location plugged into an XBOX. Yep going to be jamming with an xbox in my ride, so I can watch dvd movies, along with play some games.

See less See more
#5 ·
we just about all hate sony so dont look for people to give you a pat on the back

#7 ·
i got a sony mex-5di and i like it it has pretty colors,hehe, i can careless about warranty no car audio gives you a good warranty anymorethe only downfall to my sony is it was almost 1000 when purchased 2 years back and the bitch only has 2 preouts so i had to Y cable for my 3 amps

#11 ·
94flamds10blazr said:
we just about all hate sony so dont look for people to give you a pat on the back
:word: i'da went with alpine. but hell if crutchfield wanted almost $700 for it, i hope it sounds good.

my experience with sony, at least with TVs, home theater, minidisc, etc. has been that their products are decent quality, but if something breaks, bend over. paid $800 for a 32" HDTV and it only has like a 90 day warranty or something... it better never break.

#12 ·
yeah talk about the sony bash. I happen to see the 9900 unit (I am getting the 9905 which has blue lights) the 9900 has red, not a big difference but the price to be different. Anyways they were playing a dvd through 5 LCD screens @ the store along with video displaying on the sony deck itsself too. Very cool, and the quality was off the hook.

As for sony they may have a limited 90 day warrenty but you dont have to tell them the truth when you bought it. I always say 45 days ago, but thats just me.

As for the deal yeah it was TIGHT, it goes for 439$ on ebay so I know I got it hella cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.