GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know what the best brand or superchagers are out there but I was just wondering were I could get one for real cheap. I dont care what brand. Does anyone know were I can get a cheap one?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Yeah, you will be surprised what u can find on ebay...bryce, you got the radix off there for $4K, rt??

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
RedneckDude said:
Yeah, you will be surprised what u can find on ebay...bryce, you got the radix off there for $4K, rt??
hell ya, 4k baby, i had to jump at that, i dont think ive ever seen one for that price...

has less than 5k on it too... hehehe :evil:

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
silverbullet said:
Ok I know what the best brand or superchagers are out there but I was just wondering were I could get one for real cheap. I dont care what brand. Does anyone know were I can get a cheap one?
What do you consider cheap? No good supercharger will be cheap and no complete used supercharger in good shape will be cheap. While you can find ones used on eBay, I know a few who have done that and ended up finding the "kits" incomplete and end up spending the same amount of money or even more to get it complete as a new one.

Sounds like you really wanna supercharge your truck which is cool but the fact you don't care on brand and want it dirt cheap may land you in some trouble in the long run as you could end up w/ a damaged or incomplete kit that will just cost and cost.

Cameron

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
onyx said:
dang cameron, just make me ponder my purchase... :anitoof:
lol....sorry bout that. I've just seen it a few times and one other issue I've noticed with buying used superchargers is the lack of support you'll get from the manufacturer direct....on top of that no warranty. I know it's a crapload of money to get a s/c but it is worth it IMO to get one new...plenty of good preferred vendors that have great prices. Some things can be bought used safely but s/c's in my honest opinion are best bought new.

Cameron

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
ya i know... i'm having it sent to Brian at Project R, so he can take a look at it for me and mayber give me some advice on what to do if there s something wrong with it... i figure if you have a good installer not much can go wrong...

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Yeha, you might have stumbled upon a great deal and there my be nothin wrong with it...or maybe u will need a few cheap parts, under like $200...i hope you are right about the good installer, and i hope this turns out really good for you bryce.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts