GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Y2KSierra said:
What steps did you take to clear the denali lights?
xacto blade (real sharp), and alot of time and patience. Then you need to purchase some expensive GM glue/silicone to seal them back up ($30 per tube and you need 2 tubes.). Or you can pay me 200$ to do your lights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
04FULLSIZE said:
the headlights look good man!
Thanks bro!

yoskater said:
Hey those look awsome! I think I saw you driving yesterday....
Left Orange Co. around 10am drove to Bay area got here around 6pm. Took 101 the whole way.

snigbertese said:
well those denali cleared headlights look sweet.:rocking: :head: i like the tail lights too.
Thanks its good to get some positive feedback!
 

·
I don't own a lowrider
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
atomoverride said:
xacto blade (real sharp), and alot of time and patience. Then you need to purchase some expensive GM glue/silicone to seal them back up ($30 per tube and you need 2 tubes.). Or you can pay me 200$ to do your lights.
$200? :LOL: I will have to pass on that bro :LOL:

I have planned to try this for some time, but for 200 bucks i could break mine, then get another set and be where i am now :read:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Y2KSierra said:
$200? :LOL: I will have to pass on that bro :LOL:

I have planned to try this for some time, but for 200 bucks i could break mine, then get another set and be where i am now :read:
Well considering the process is long, and the special glue/silicon mix crap from gm alone os 60$ for 2 tubes. But hey whatever, to each his own. Just to give you an example. My cousin told me he broke 5 sets before he figured out how to clear the denali headlights. So good luck! :head:
 

·
I don't own a lowrider
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
atomoverride said:
Well considering the process is long, and the special glue/silicon mix crap from gm alone os 60$ for 2 tubes. But hey whatever, to each his own. Just to give you an example. My cousin told me he broke 5 sets before he figured out how to clear the denali headlights. So good luck! :head:
Well, i was asking you to share the info, but if you are only here to make money, i guess i'll have to let you "do your thing" I made a tech article on the standard GMC clears to help others out, and figured other people would do the same, since aren't were all here to help each other out anyway?

Just my .02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,370 Posts
atomoverride said:
Left Orange Co. around 10am drove to Bay area got here around 6pm. Took 101 the whole way.
Yeah, I think I saw you going the other way on the 101 in the Thousand Oaks area.. around 2:00. :head:

I saw a Black RCSB Stepside with the flames, truck looks nice! :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Y2KSierra said:
Well, i was asking you to share the info, but if you are only here to make money, i guess i'll have to let you "do your thing" I made a tech article on the standard GMC clears to help others out, and figured other people would do the same, since aren't were all here to help each other out anyway?

Just my .02
I already shared the info, I dont want to make money off it. it just has to be worth it to me to do it. Its a big time hassle, and I wouldnt want to do it again. Thats why its 200$ because thats 60$ for glue/silicon and 140$ for my time. Other than that all I can tell you is Take your time and go very slow. They dont POP open like stock lights, and the glue/silicon they use is like grey pasty superglue.

yoskater said:
Yeah, I think I saw you going the other way on the 101 in the Thousand Oaks area.. around 2:00. :head:

I saw a Black RCSB Stepside with the flames, truck looks nice! :crazy:
Yeah that must have been me, I was driving real fast weaving in and out of all the lanes....LOL. I usulay dont try to cut off any silverado's or sierra's but I had to cut off this one on the way it was a brown color one so if it was anyone here I am sorry. As for blue trucks...I did see about 3 on my way home and they all were lowered and had nice wheels. So if that was you SWEET truck yourself.
 

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
Joined
·
6,656 Posts
HA $200, sorry man but what a JOKE. Also, my guess is normal silicone would work just as well.
 

·
I'll Take teh Case!
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Looking good atom :head:

...now you just need some clear corners :crazy:

So are you ditching the aftermarket Denali projector idea now that you have some OEM ones with no reflector?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
01GMC said:
What is this "sealant"? I would like to give mine a shot, and I have a buddy that works at a GM dealer ... I can get the stuff at his cost.

Hook me up ... what do I ask for?
I will find out tomorrow.
 

·
Alaskan Sierra
Joined
·
60 Posts
yeah bro, share the info! alot of people would like to try it. i live in alaska so it would be pointless for me to send my lights anywhere to be done. if it really is as hard as you say it then people will end up fucking them up any way. so share that info.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top