GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new member here, so I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section. I am looking to get some new tires for a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4, and a local shop recommended the following two options listed below. Wanted to see what you all think about them on this truck, or if I should avoid them. I would really appreciate your help with this, so thanks in advance.

Current size of tires on truck are 265/70R17

Cooper Tires DISCOVERER AT3 4S

Falken Wild Peak AT3W

·
n. fil-dert.
7,009 Posts
Can't go wrong with either brand. Pick the one with cooler looking tread.

Edit: I have run Falken Wildpeak MTs in a 33/12.50 and they were the quietest mud tire I have ever owned so I'd assume similar quality on the AT. They wore evenly, no cupping/chunking and used minimal weight to balance. I worked for 14 years for a company that used Coopers on their fleet vehicles and had a similar experience, they outlasted the stock tires by a pretty big margin. I believe those were Goodyears. Lasted about a good year lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had some BFG K02 tires put in my 2010 GMC 1500 4WD SLE, of course after I got them my buddy who is an avid off-road guy recommended goodyear duratracs or toyo open country. 18/32nd of tread instead of 14/32 compared to nitto ridgegrapplers or the ko2s.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

9,777 Posts
I LOVED my Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires on my duramax. I have had them on a Tahoe and know multiple people that have fun them, They balance great, are quiet as hell, and look great.

If they made them for 22's I would already have them on my Denali...since they don't make them in 22's I am mainly looking at the Ridge Grapplers but I can't justify the price.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Falken wildpeaks for sure. I was the first on here to run them and I still have my original set from feb 2016. im at 60% tread left and I've put well over 60k miles on them

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I LOVED my Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires on my duramax. I have had them on a Tahoe and know multiple people that have fun them, They balance great, are quiet as hell, and look great.

If they made them for 22's I would already have them on my Denali...since they don't make them in 22's I am mainly looking at the Ridge Grapplers but I can't justify the price.
Was in the same boat, not much for AT in 22” rim. Got the terra grabbers instead and I love them.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Was in the same boat, not much for AT in 22” rim. Got the terra grabbers instead and I love them.
IMO, discounttire shows 285/50 ~33.2" in the new Toyo AT3, however the toyo site doesnt list them. Have yet to contact discount to see if its a typo or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts