GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some BFG KM2s on my 03 Z71 Suburban and thought I'd post some pics. The truck has ford keys and 1.5" suspensionmaxx spacers.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Na man that's not my truck in the avatar. when i joined the site 3 years ago I decided to get a sick avatar. the suburban is my only truck...im in college haha

the suburban rides great. the ride is stiffer from the different load range from the KM2s but I don't mind it at all. I want a bigger lift though but money is tight.

·
Registered
31 Posts
do the tires rub at all on the fender wells? they look really good on that suburban. i have a 2003 with BFG all terrains 285/70/17

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, do you have any side shots of your suburban.

I've got a z71 tahoe and am trying to decide what I am going to do with it. Do you have any advice? its my first truck and I don't really know what i'm doing. I was thinking about putting a level kit with some 33" BFG A/Ts but am worried they will scrub bad

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes. go to z71tahoe-suburban.com and join that site. you will learn everything. I am obert272 over there and you will learn everything you need to know.

anyways leveling kits are just for keys but 3 times the cost. just get ford keys for the front and 1.5" rear spacers in the back with 285s or 295s and it will look sick.

again go to that other forum I mentioned..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I joined the other forum this morning. The spacers simply just go between the wheel and the brakes correct, making the rear wider? Does it matter what brand I buy or can I just get them on ebay?

Also where would you go to get the ford keys installed? I am also a college student and can't work on my truck while I'm at school.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No....the spacers I am talking about are for the coil springs in the suspension. They raise the truck an inch and a half in the back.

The spacers you're talking about are wheel spacers which do what you said. They are for wider tires.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have side pics but the site says they are too big. Does anybody have a site where I can reduce the size of the pics?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the advice. I joined the other forum this morning. The spacers simply just go between the wheel and the brakes correct, making the rear wider? Does it matter what brand I buy or can I just get them on ebay?

Also where would you go to get the ford keys installed? I am also a college student and can't work on my truck while I'm at school.
I got my 1.5" coil spacers from suspensionmax for $90. You can get them from ebay but they are a different brand. You can get ford keys from the dealer. The part number is XL3Z5B328CA (from a 2000 F-150). When I bought my ford keys 3 years ago they were like 25 each but now i think they are 50 or maybe even more.

Here you go, read this. http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=13319

and yes I'm a college kid but I did all the keys/spacers in like 11th grade.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts