GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up peeps, im new to da forum....was a ford fan now a chevy/gm fan ever since i started working as a tech for a gm dealership.
Well anyways, i just got a new (new to me, its actually pre-owned) sierra single cab sle with the 4.8 in it. I wish it was easier to find one with a 5.3 but i had no luck (special order im guessing on single cabs)
love the truck!
I plan to drop it and throw some 22"s on it.
I wanted to know if yall can throw up some pictures and also let me know which brand kit is on yalls trucks.
Im leaning towards the mcg 4/7 kit that runs about $600.00 but if there is something out there better or cheaper i'd appreciate it the input.
Oh yeah, by da way, i am a gm technician, so if you guys have any questions for me go ahead and throw those questions out there too. I'd be glad to help out.
Here is some pictures of my truck, just "plain jane"
i dont know if my pics show up..still tryna figure this out.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Welcome to the site, If you look around theres a few threads toward your plans. Id normally post a few of them but i dont' pay much attention to those threads. Sorry Photobucket is easy for uploading pics.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
i run mcg spindles and coil relocators with a mcg flip kit. truck rides damn good but i need a notch or to install the shackle relocators amd helper bags. only advice i can give you bc i run 20s, but i peiced my kit together. got the coil relocators/flip kit/shackle flip for 315ish shipped and my spindles i bought new. i guess buying that kit on here with the "member discount" would be better if they can beat the 600.00 or w.e the price would end up.

you could have gotten the 5.3 in a scsb you just cant get a 6.0/6.2 in a scsb.
what year is the truck?

also talk to a tech about working on a BCM on these trucks to enable the TU/TD mode without having to pay an arm an a leg for other things

·
The invsible member:nono:
2,745 Posts
:welcome: and nice truck, can't wait to see it dropped :head2:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After doing some research on drop kits i really dont want to cut into my chassis to install the 4/7 drop kit. Does anyone know how low can a sierra be dropped without modifying the chassis or cutting into it. Would a 3/5 drop kit from mcg do the trick or does pretty much any drop kit require cutting into the chassis?
Anyone have any pictures of the 3/5 drop? Im still trying to decide what to get.

·
Registered
547 Posts
You can go 4/7 without cutting... Tons of guys on this site with a 4/7 without a notch. I have a belltech 4/7 and only bottom out if I go flying over an unexpected bump or railroad track. Click on the Static NNBS thread for tons of pictures and ideas. It will be your best friend for what your wanting. Heres mine. 4/7 with 22s. Oh and you will regret going 3/5 if you do it. You will want to go lower as soon as you drop it
[/IMG]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you can go 4/7 without cutting... Tons of guys on this site with a 4/7 without a notch. I have a belltech 4/7 and only bottom out if i go flying over an unexpected bump or railroad track. Click on the static nnbs thread for tons of pictures and ideas. It will be your best friend for what your wanting. Heres mine. 4/7 with 22s. Oh and you will regret going 3/5 if you do it. You will want to go lower as soon as you drop it
[/img]

nice truck dawg...what size tires do you have?
Damn, now im leaning towards the 4/7 again!!! How does your suspension ride and what brand name 4/7 kit did you go with?

·
Registered
76 Posts
You can go 4/7 without cutting... Tons of guys on this site with a 4/7 without a notch. I have a belltech 4/7 and only bottom out if I go flying over an unexpected bump or railroad track. Click on the Static NNBS thread for tons of pictures and ideas. It will be your best friend for what your wanting. Heres mine. 4/7 with 22s. Oh and you will regret going 3/5 if you do it. You will want to go lower as soon as you drop it
[/IMG]
gorgeous truck man

·
Registered
547 Posts
nice truck dawg...what size tires do you have?
Damn, now im leaning towards the 4/7 again!!! How does your suspension ride and what brand name 4/7 kit did you go with?
Thanks fellas... I am running 305/40/22s and only rub a little bit when I turn left. Its very minimal and could be fixed with a heat gun or a smaller tire, but it doesnt do it much so it doesnt bother me. The kit is a Belltech 4/7 with springs, spindles, flip kit, and belltech rear shocks. It rides pretty good to me. Not much different than stock, but the handling improved a huge amount.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts