GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I am glad I found this forum I am new to GM trucks I have always had either ford or dodges. So far I love the truck its great. I recently purchased a 40k mile 2003 Gmc 3500 dump truck. The trucks mint never plowed or worked hard etc.

My problem is with the breaks it does not have a pedal like my other trucks it seem really low. The best I can describe is I feel like if I was towing 8-10k pounds and have to stop I wouldn't. I have read online this is a common problem but my mechanic says its a hydro-boost live with it haha. I checked my power steering fluid today and seemed a little low would that have anything to do with break pedal pressure? Thanks in advance!

Ben

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Hi All!

I am glad I found this forum I am new to GM trucks I have always had either ford or dodges. So far I love the truck its great. I recently purchased a 40k mile 2003 Gmc 3500 dump truck. The trucks mint never plowed or worked hard etc.

My problem is with the breaks it does not have a pedal like my other trucks it seem really low. The best I can describe is I feel like if I was towing 8-10k pounds and have to stop I wouldn't. I have read online this is a common problem but my mechanic says its a hydro-boost live with it haha. I checked my power steering fluid today and seemed a little low would that have anything to do with break pedal pressure? Thanks in advance!

Ben
Could also be a failing PS pump

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Shaggy! And wouldnt a failing PS pump make noises and make it tough to steer? I put some fluid in the PS and the pedal definatly feels different but I'm not sure if its true or I'm just thinking haha I know these two systems are linked but does that difference make sens?

·
Knuckle Buster
1,001 Posts
i would say this...fill fluid do a power bleed then see how pedal feel is.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I believe by "power bleed" he meant take it to a shop and have it hooked up to a machine. It'll force feed PS fluid through and get the old crap out.

·
Knuckle Buster
1,001 Posts
I believe by "power bleed" he meant take it to a shop and have it hooked up to a machine. It'll force feed PS fluid through and get the old crap out.
:read:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts