GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my sister-in-law is trading her 07 Denali to her mom for their 03 GMC D-max 4x4......she wants to lift it and recruited my help but i havent the slightest idea....i dont want to make it too big, maybe enough for 37's

any help is appreciated

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
I hope to let you see soon how a Dmax looks with 6" and 37s :)

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found this on the cognito website, this is what i want the truck to look like lifted, this is her truck but lifted

also how much should she expect to be paying to have it lifted?

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
With a good lift, wheel/tires combo, installation and gears I'd say around $6000-7500

Lift-$1800
Gears-$1000
Tires-$1200
Rims-$600-$1500
Lift Install-$600-800

Those prices are really on the low side too.

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doesnt sound too bad, her mom was gonna trade the D-max in on another denali so they both had one, she'll be happy when she finds out she can spend $7-$8K instead of $50K

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Those prices are pretty accurate:imo

But she'd save a lot if she went with some smaller rims, some black steelies can be had for around $300, and tires are also generally cheaper for smaller rims.

If larger rims are something she wants, that's cool too. Just be prepared to spend some more dough.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
You can do it way cheaper than that, but that doesn't make it cheap to do however. Stupid expensive hobbies.

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
With a good lift, wheel/tires combo, installation and gears I'd say around $6000-7500

Lift-$1800
Gears-$1000
Tires-$1200
Rims-$600-$1500
Lift Install-$600-800

Those prices are really on the low side too.
take out the 1000 for the gears. replace that with 300-700 for progammar or chip.

install the lift yourself:imo

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
You could save alot if you just didnt lift it.........

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah but if her mom is willing to put up the cash to lift it.....why not? i may just to convince her to go with something a little smaller, and just run some 35's

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
I would lift it with 6" and 37's. IMO the duramax doesn't really need gears, I'd just put a chip in it and call it a day. If the lift is being paid for, I wouldn't go any smaller than 6", but then again I'd probably do a SAS and 10" if it was payed for!

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
6" wont clear 37's without a saw.
hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

*cough cough*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
you must not have a knuckle lift.
The original poster is talking about a knuckle lift.
you wont clear 37's on a 6" knuckle lift without a saw.

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
you must not have a knuckle lift.
The original poster is talking about a knuckle lift.
you wont clear 37's on a 6" knuckle lift without a saw.
ok so im running 35s with no lift...
and the whole because its not a full drop its not gonna clear as big of tires thing is bullshit. 6" is fucking 6". I ran a knuckle lift on my old truck and was told I couldnt run anything over 37s with my BL. I could have fit 40s on that truck no problem. it sat just as tall as any other truck with 9" of lift.
and to me saying a saw is needed means cutting the fenders. Depending on the BS of the wheels there may be trimming needed but no saw needed

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Aaron has a good point in this thread. listen to him. dmax= no need to gear ( chip it), 6" will clear 37s well. i got 5" on 37s. just do it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts