GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas ,
Glad I found this page , seems to be plenty of knowledge floating around. Just got a 04 Silverado 1500 v6 base 2wD long bed . Plan on Distressing the paint and throwning door decals on it and making it my own little shop truck. If it was a V-8 I would go up the sentence only a V-6 I’m gonna go down
I can’t figure out what the difference is with these rear flip kits as far as the long bed short bed deal, and I keep seeing little acronyms are abbreviations like three letters that I’m thinking is the factor. I need a blue-collar budget bolt on kit. Any tricks of the trade or pushes in the right direction would be appreciated as I’m sure I will have plenty more questions, if u guys don’t mind sharing ur
Knowledge with me .I don’t have access to a Lyft I guess the irony of this is I’m a full-time diesel mechanic not certified but in charge of maintenance thing of decent size fleet of trucks and trailers so I have air tools and shit like that but only two hands

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
wat....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only speak English I understand talk to text can make it hard to read. It’s people like you that will take the time to type three letters to try to be a smart ass. that make people like me that are trying to do nothing but learn not wanna ask a fucking question
But I didn’t come here to entertain you
So unless you care to elaborate carry on,
carry on

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I speak multiple languages, none very well. But what Iv gathered is you want to turn a plastic NBS into a patina c-10?

You’ll find no love for that here.

If you want to know how to fix the rust, SWB swap, V8, or lower it right, we got you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha I ain’t looking for love sweetheart
I need answers on modification the title of that form was introduction I got a fucking old pick up I want to lower beat up and working and build it by hand I have a general knowledge of mechanics so I was hoping they were’s some grown men around here maybe old heads I wouldn’t mind passing down the knowledge to some one who is capable and has resources to do it and is trying to avoid mistakes why the fuck would I ask you how I want my truck to look.
I’m asking for knowledge of the craft on that specific vehicle and trying to To get familiar with terminology and part distributors you’re the type of person I would punch in the face and there’s a good chance you would beat my ass but I would still punch you in the face because yoTo get familiar with terminology and part distributors you’re the type of person I would punch in the face and there’s a good chance you would beat my ass but I would still punch you in the face because where I’m from a man helps a man

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now go on and spread your love ,because that’s what it seems you’re fucking here for little fella
Arrogant prick

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
You just sound like the life of the party

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Simply explaining the environment and how things work around here would have been more of a help
I guess this is a top shelf everything’s gonna be shiny type form
I apologize for getting frustrated but damn I didn’t say one thing about a C 10 as far as the V-8 swap if you pay for it I’m down and give me a gas card
I’m not going for speed I want to put shop decals on it there will always be something in the bed of the bitch because I’m on call but I’m confused on these Rear end flip’s can one person do it how low can I go without doing the C notches
And since I’m on a budget if the right stance is 2 inches lower than I can afford can I get it 2 inches lower and then add other components to maybe improve the ride later on but not structurally and mechanically mess the truck up
I can’t even figure out what kit goes with it because it’s a long bed and as I mentioned before them 3 letter Abbreviations that I keep seeing
And the one
You decided to ramble on about earlier Im starting to think is the difference of what kit works and doesn’t but like I said I don’t know what that means
Now I feel you going out of your way to be a smart ass has ruined my first impression?
Thanks for your help Richard

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
4” rear drop is the lowest without a c-both for the NBS 99-06.

That’s on a non towing truck. Assuming you’re using it as a shop truck, you’ll need a nice notch and shock relocation, to make it not bottom out.

Best bet is a AVS under the bed weld in notch, with a DJM flip kit. About $200 in parts.

That’ll get you’re rear at 6” or drop with room to grow, and you don’t have to cut up the bed floor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My man fr I’ve been trying to figure it out for about a week now and as far as NBS I don’t plan on putting loads of scrap for the rd But I’d like to be able to throw a couple hundred pounds in the back giver take
Is there any boat on options I weld about as good as I communicate
And where do you suggest getting parts
For real buddy i’m pumped to get my hands on the truck I just don’t know how to approach it correctly and the Information you just gave me builds confidence and helps out a ton
I’ll PayPal you five dollars???

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
FK2599-6 DJM

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Perfect
I appreciate your patience and apologize
I shall dance at your firstborn’s wedding....

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Boom 6” in the back. That’s what I ran in high school, never hurt.

However Iv never owned a 1500 long bed. Not sure about the drive shaft.

Or frame, like I said might be better to just make a c-notch.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Perfect
I appreciate your patience and apologize
I shall dance at your firstborn’s wedding....
I’d rather you not punch her in the face

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,619 Posts
No questions you "5 dollar smart ass arrogant prick love bug" lol

I'll PayPal you 5 dollars if you translate this post. I got the part where he has two hands, gonna punch you in the face, man helps man sweetheart, don't have access to Uber (or was it Lyft), likes to dance at weddings?

You young kids sure know how to have fun!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts