GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the site. I found it through ls1tech.com. I've got an 04 Sierra RC/SB, 5.3 with no mods yet. I will be dropping it pretty soon. I'm going to go with a 4"/6" DJM kit. I would like to run Boze Stingers in 20x8.5 with Toyo 255/45 tires. Does anyone know if this will fit and what kind of backspacing I will need? Also, I know the tranny crossmember is a clearance problem, has anyone used the tranny crossmember from IF Customs? Let me know what you think.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
welcome! with a 4/6 on a rec cab, you MIGHT have some clearance issues depending on how you drive... you prolly wont need the Xmember. welcome to the site... there are now 2 many joshes here LOL :gmfs:

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Welcome to GMFS:rocking: With an 8.5" wheel, you will need 6" of backspacing for your wheels to tuck. My truck has a little over 3.5 inches of clearence at my tranny X-member, but it is not as big of a problem as you would think. I just recently got the 255/45 Toyos, and they are f'n badass. They get incredible traction in the rain and they are quiet on the highway. here is a pic of them on my 20"x8"s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts