GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, hope someone out there doesn't mind helping. I am going crazy with these knock sensors.. Here's the deal..I have a 2002 GMC Sierra with the 5.3L Vortec. I bought it with a check engine light. Got it home, ran the code P0332 KNOCK SENSOR 2. No problem. Ordered sensors and KS wiring harness off ebay (MISTAKE) and installed them. Cleared code, drove around a bit and got codes for BOTH knock sensor 1 and 2! Did research and found out that there was a certain torque for the sensors. No problem, pulled the intake, torqued em to 15LBS.. still the same codes for both sensors. OK.. faulty sensors that were only $12 on ebay... went to Oreillys, got BORG WARNER sensors, installed and now I'm getting the code for the #2 knock sensor again!!! WTF!!!!! This should've been an open and shut case of corrosion because when I pulled the original knock sensors, the back one looked like it had been on the TITANIC for the last 100 years and the front one wasn't much better!!! That had to have been the problem right? Why am I still getting this code???!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated guys... Thank you so much in advance for any time you spend replying..

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
ACDelco Sensors and Dorman harness...its gonna cost u WAY more now...next time don't cheap out

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Yup aftermarket stuff isnt the greatest for these trucks. You gotta go with AC Delco parts for these trucks or they act up.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Do you even read? He obviously knows how to change them.

OP, did you clean out ALL of the corrosion? Also, get good quality sensors and harness. I used BW knock sensors and had good luck. What brand of harness did you get?
I read the thread title :insane2:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Another vote for Delco parts.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts