GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across this site looking for a place to talk to fellow fullsize GM truck owners and this place looks great! My name's Dennis and i'm 19 & currently in college @ Savannah College of Art and Design in Georgia.

I just recently picked up my first fullsize truck. It's a 2004 Chevy Silverado LS Ext. Cab, Shortbed 4x4 with the 4.8L. The truck had been used by a rental agency for a year or less so there was 16K miles on it when I got it.

Since it wasn't brand spanking new, it did not have the traditional window sticker, so I was hoping someone on here could point me to a list of all available RPO codes for my truck, so I can run the codes and see what features I have.

This is also my first dealership vehicle, so i'm wondering what sort of things would void a warranty?

The first thing I am hoping to get for my truck is a tonneau cover or similar. I'm currently looking at the Peragon Bed Cover and looking for opinions. I'm also thinking of larger tires, cause currently the 245's look small.

Here are a couple pics of the stocker

Attachments

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Nice looking truck and welcome to the site!

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Welcome over! :drunk:

Can't help ya on the RPO codes but I can on warranty. Just use common sense when it comes to mods. Obviously cracking open the motor would void it. Bolt ons and tuning do not.

Catbacks, intakes, electric fans, most CARB legal stuff

·
I'd hit it
62 Posts
welcome!!!! :drunk: is right! Have you called your local GM dealer and asked for the parts department(usually friendlier than service) and told them you are searching for your truck's identity yet? They might be able to help with all of the goodies they have in software.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dennis- Hey I am new to the site as well. (thanks to my bro for pointing me over here) Have you found out anything about the peragon tonneau? I am looking at it as well. PM me back when you got a sec. Eric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts