GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
internet bigot®
Joined
·
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was running lean... i figured out i didnt have the boost pump hooked up, so that will need to be done this weekend... well anyway.. here are the times..

r/t .166
60' 2.346
1/8 9.657
MPH 74.50
1000 12.517
1/4 14.935
MPH 93.30

much room for improvement....
 

·
internet bigot®
Joined
·
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i expect more off though... stupid boost pump... actually... stupid me...
 

·
samcarol
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
onyx said:
i expect more off though... stupid boost pump... actually... stupid me...
no arguement here :D

lol sounds like a good run... i still want burnout pics :read:
 

·
internet bigot®
Joined
·
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
after my burnouts last night i still have pieces of tire sticking to the bottom of the bed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
get a procharger and run some high 12's :head: well, anyway u spent 4k on a used Radix and only expect to tun high 13's. hell, i'd be disapointed with that but thats me. later
 

·
internet bigot®
Joined
·
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
turbocody said:
get a procharger and run some high 12's :head: well, anyway u spent 4k on a used Radix and only expect to tun high 13's. hell, i'd be disapointed with that but thats me. later

oh god..:wank:

hmm lets see... extended cab (heavy).... Tucson, az (altitude and heat)... turbocody (jackass).. yup seems to all come together... :read: :imo

besides you dont have enough posts to make an opinion yet. :anitoof:

edit: and i forgot to mention the 78 lbs on each corner i have, that the rims weigh w/ tires....

i wonder if i should start putting my tailgate down?
 

·
internet bigot®
Joined
·
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i wasnt hookin up to well... these goodyears suck... i need to get me some slicks for my stock rims or some BFG's....
 

·
In Denial
Joined
·
280 Posts

·
internet bigot®
Joined
·
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Scream said:
I beg to differ....

http://www.motor.com/MAGAZINE/Pdf/052004_06.pdf

:D

BTW Onyx, good luck w/ the blower. You've got a heavy truck to deal with, and once you get your fuel situation worked out I'm sure that you'll be happy w/ the setup.

interesting write up.. i saw something similar to that elsewhere.

i also have a TT3000 waiting to go in, so that will drop my 60' times significantly....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
sorry onxy, but it's doesn't seem feasible to put 4k in a truck that will only run 14's :think: it was just my opinion. slicks :think: you need to have 1.70 60" to take advantage of a slick, all you need is a set of drag radials and your good. sorry, but i'm not quote( a jackass). i'm just trying to help ya out by not letting people laugh at you at the track when you have slicks and all, and only run low 14's, high 13's. but then again, it's just my opinion,HTH
 

·
internet bigot®
Joined
·
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
turbocody said:
sorry onxy, but it's doesn't seem feasible to put 4k in a truck that will only run 14's :think: it was just my opinion. slicks :think: you need to have 1.70 60" to take advantage of a slick, all you need is a set of drag radials and your good. sorry, but i'm not quote( a jackass). i'm just trying to help ya out by not letting people laugh at you at the track when you have slicks and all, and only run low 14's, high 13's. but then again, it's just my opinion,HTH
so what your saying is that putting money into anything isnt worth it?

so everyone on this board are wasting their time.

how much would it cost to hit 9's in any type of vehicle?... 2k? 3k? VERY doubtful... darn me for choosing a big truck. maybe i should tell parish to stop wasting his money and give it up, hes only gonna get laughed at... oh wait he's at 10.8... and he spent well over 5k for his kit.

there is a starting point for everyone, just because i chose a kit that is very easy to maintain, has a great reputation and awesome tech support, must make me some kind of idiot, huh?


turbocody said:
slicks :think: you need to have 1.70 60" to take advantage of a slick, all you need is a set of drag radials and your good
hmm, did i not say i wanted to get some better tires?

onyx said:
or some BFG's....
whoa!! i sure did!!

and yes, you are a jackass.... :read:

and im sure you built that 87 all by yourself with your own hard earned paper route money....
 
1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Top