GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext. SLE 4WD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first time poster, brand new to the forums. So I just got a 2010 sierra 1500 sle 4wd that I'm trying to build into an offroad/overland rig. I can't seem to find much in terms of aftermarket support for this truck. I'm talking bumpers, suspension kits, bed racks, etc. Am I just not looking in the right places? This is my first truck, and I want to make some great memories with this thing without destroying it. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
Solid axle '01 Tahoe/'03 Sierra/'18 Silverado
374 Posts
I think the word "tons" might be overstating it.

There's a lot available, but compared to say the jeep aftermarket there's nearly nothing so you've got to hunt a little bit.

Assuming you've got the ability to Google on your own.

But what did you have in mind as far as suspension? Lift size? Budget range?

Bumpers, with winch? Without? Spare tire carrier rear?

With a better idea of what you're looking for, we can offer more specific suggestions, above and beyond "Google it".

·
n. fil-dert.
7,085 Posts

·
Registered
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext. SLE 4WD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the word "tons" might be overstating it.

There's a lot available, but compared to say the jeep aftermarket there's nearly nothing so you've got to hunt a little bit.

Assuming you've got the ability to Google on your own.

But what did you have in mind as far as suspension? Lift size? Budget range?

Bumpers, with winch? Without? Spare tire carrier rear?

With a better idea of what you're looking for, we can offer more specific suggestions, above and beyond "Google it".
Hey thanks for responding! I'm hoping for atleast a 3" lift but I'm not sure if that will be enough, I want to be able to fit 35s and not cut my fenders. A bumper with a winch or spot for a winch would be best. I'm unsure if I want to put a spare mount in the bed or possibly get something that connects via the hitch? Thanks for any advice you can give!

·
n. fil-dert.
7,085 Posts
You need to be looking for leveling kits, not lifts at that height. Literally 2 Google searches -

Level:

Hidden winch mount:

Ranch Hand winch bumper:

Another winch bumper:

Another winch bumper:

There are about a dozen others and more leveling spacers than you can shake a stick at. Just Google away my friend.

Reactions: Tman2900 and eand28

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
A trip to the off-road and exterior sections of this forum would do you well. The heyday of this forum coincides with the generation of truck that you own, so you will be able to find answers to almost anything you would want to know about them. Lots of threads specific to your generation of truck produced from 07-13, or GMT-900, or NNBS in forum lingo.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
If you want to fit 35s without cutting your fenders and want to off-road with it, I would look into a true lift kit not just a leveling kit. I would start by reading the information contained in a stickie at the top of this page. Then comeback to the thread with specific questions. There’s very valuable material in there. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
You need at least 6in go lift to clean 35s on your truck and not cut the fenders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts