GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i sold my Cepek Tahoe i didnt buy anything and i have just been driving my 2 door Tahoe. I went in a shooking new direction. i bought an 03 Reg Cab Dodge with a Hemi.. 2wd:wtf:

IMG_1288.jpg

i want this truck to be very drivable! thats why i wanted a street truck this time. i am thinking 2/4 drop??? what do you guys think?? debadge for sure.. it has the stock 20's witch i actually really like. i want a bed cover also to keep my softball equip. etc in.. what cover??

this is my first 2wd and i need help! :think:

·
Bassmaster
701 Posts
lol hey nothing wrong w/ that....I was lookin at that exact truck b4 I got mine. They look sweet lowered w/ all the goodies, not to mention that Hemi roars w/ an exhaust! Reg cab Rams look sick.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I'd go with like a 2/5 or a 3/6. Those dodge's have a terrible rake. I know my buddies sat 3.5" lower in the front than in the back.

The gap between the tire and wheel well is massive too.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah def wanna go only like 2/5... i live on a gravel drive and it can be rough at times.. so i dont wanna go too low.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Here is my friend's 03 reg cab. It got a 2/4 McGaughys drop kit, Street Scene bumper, painted grill, roll pan, stock 20's on 275/55s etc..
He has the 4.7L and it roars with his glasspack exhaust.

2006_10140098.gif

2006_10140099-1.jpg

2006_10140101.gif

2006_10140104.gif

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are the glass packs too loud or does it sound good?? i was kicking that around actually! i was also kicking aroung exiting pass side in front of the back tire?? 2 rolled billit tips.. what do you guys think?

·
A walking ball of wax
3,549 Posts
Upgrade IMO Scott, I love all new Dodges. My dad has a flowmaster on his hemi and it sounds sick, old school muscle car sound.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i will get a pic asap! i just gotta find time! i cant wait to drop it some!

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
The glasspacks sound awesome. He had his tips coming out the back at angle, but then cut em off when he put the drop on. It was louder coming out of the back.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:LOL: i have a feeling itll be sold before it gets dropped :read:

:crazy:
:slap:
i may buy and sale a lot but i have had some neat shit!:evil:

i have said this before but i'd like to hang onto this a while. thats why i went 2wd this time. i was sick of tahoes and z71's!:nono:

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
I'd go with like a 2/5 or a 3/6. Those dodge's have a terrible rake. I know my buddies sat 3.5" lower in the front than in the back.

The gap between the tire and wheel well is massive too.
I was about to say the same thing. I've seen a few with 4/6 drops on the factory 20's and it looked good but still had a rake. 3/6 with 285/50's would be about perfect on it. I think the glasspack exhaust would be good; or a Power Stick from Classic Chambered. Here's a clip of one on a Hemi Magnum:

http://www.classicchambered.com/sounds/Magnum_Idle-PS.wav

1 - 20 of 28 Posts