GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little straped for cash because i am getting ready for college but i dont want to stop the mods to my truck what are some cheaper mods to do to my truck i already debadged it so that is already done. They can be exterior interior or performance i just need some ideas. ( any ideas would help thanks) :head:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
hmm...candy tail lights can be cheap, did it to my blazer, under $15 for everything...ummm, you could also color match your GMC emblem if u wanted, the quadbeam high beam mod is under $20...thats all i can come up with off the top of my head.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
jgood2709 said:
i'm in the same position as you. i need to save money for college, but i also dont want to stop the mods. i just ordered the led gauge light kit from SIK tonight. check out this thread for pics and more info...
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7838
my parents told me the same thing lol... i guess i'll accidentally get my interior...

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
You could go get some dupli-color and customize your interior. It could be a complete color change, or if ur good with your imagination a one off set of flames. You could also pinstripe stuff yourself if the imagination thing comes in as well. You can get anything relatively cheap...just start browsing swap meets and see what the goin rate is. When i went to the GM nats this summer i got a guy down to $80 for clear corners, the 454 SS style emblem, and parking lamps (i think i got a deal being clear corners are $30 alone)

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
im in the middle of painting my dash. for that, just take your time and sand it out rite the first time. make it all nice a smooth. then spray on a bunch of light coats of paint. and make sure you clear coat it as well.

total cost thus far: $15 ish.... about 5 bux for each rattle can (platics paint and plastic clear) and then a few more bux for some sand paper.

·
\m/ (-_-) \m/
1,204 Posts
Billet Grill, air filter, gmfs sticker, clear corners, do some colormatching. You can do lots of things with not lots of money. Unfortunately I have not lots of money too :bawl:

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan on doing my dash and i want to get leds but i have never heard of candy tail lights what are they

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Candy tails are usually on NBS trucks (to get rid of the amber). You paint the light this candy red color. I don't know much about it, but others can give you step by step on how to do it.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
you could always donate to me brandon :read: :crazy:

if i was you i would get a nice billet grille or something to do the front up a bit.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Paint the frame. It made a big diffrence on my truck.

DSC00598.jpg

DSC00602.jpg

DSC00597.jpg

Before pic:

DSC00542.jpg

I also waxed it with NXT. That shit works great!:bigthumb:

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey chris your truck looks bad ass i think i will paint my frame. and josh i have nothing to donate but i did build my box

1 - 13 of 13 Posts