GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ayoy for the yayo
222 Posts
From what I've heard, they are terrible.
True. Tried it, horrible products. But they issued me a refund after I sent them my review.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
yeah i tried it on my 9300 john deere, it never hazed up and was hard as hell to tell where i went and where i didnt.

shit isnt worth it at all...

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
yeah i tried it on my 9300 john deere, it never hazed up and was hard as hell to tell where i went and where i didnt.

shit isnt worth it at all...
the new ice shit doesnt haze up at all so.....

but yeah its a terrible fuckin product IMO.....only thing decent that Turtle Wax makes is there paste wax and even that is mediocre at best

·
Registered
445 Posts
worst product evar! used it on my black s10.. did the whole truck,

it didnt haze up at all... and took me about 4 hours to get it off cuz the POS wax wouldnt haze..

applied it just as the bottle said even with the right outside temps

called and got my money back

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Damn...If only I saw this thread before I picked the spray bottle up.

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Whew! Thank God I read this thread before I go to Costco tomorrow. I was planning on trying some of this stuff out for the hell of it. I am a Meguiar's man myself, but this new Ice line looked pretty interesting to say the least. Thanks for the reviews guys :shake:

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im looking for a wax that goes on easy and comes off easy.I have been using Meguiars forever but wanted to try something new.I have a red 96 Silverado that is pretty slick already.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Im looking for a wax that goes on easy and comes off easy.I have been using Meguiars forever but wanted to try something new.I have a red 96 Silverado that is pretty slick already.
Well, if you want to give a combo a shot, Red moose glaze topped with Nattys blue paste wax (looks amazing on reds and blacks). Or you can just do the nattys blue. Both are simple to apply and remove. I know a bunch of guys here have used both and are very happy. Lemme know if you want to give one or both a shot.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I personally have used the ICE liquid wax and was very happy with it. It did take a while to do and was hard to come off, but once you're done, it's well worth it. That shit gives a shine better than any other wax I have used before. just my $.02

·
|=====TK=====|
523 Posts
Been there, done that, it's crap. I also tried the Turtle Wax Ice liquid clay bar. Crap too. The best thing I have from Turtle Was is the liquid rubbing compound in the green bottle (called Premium Rubbing Compound). That stuff rocks. Did a great job at the light scratches and the little particles in my white paint (what most people call rail dust). Was much easier than using a clay bar.
-TK

·
The Woolly One
404 Posts
I swear I'm the only guy here that has never had problems with Turtle Wax. I dunno if it's just me or what. I don't plan on trying the ice stuff though, regardless of how loyal I am to them...that shit's just too damn expensive.

And I have to agree with Stuck, that rubbing compound is good shit. I used some when I overhauled the 3000GT's paint (which reminds me, I haven't told y'all how that went...I'll get around to it here in a minute) and it really helped bring the life back to it...and that's black paint. Easy to use, but God did I go through some rags. It was a good thing I had so many old shirts and towels laying around. I knew there was a reason I'd hung onto them. :)

Anyway, back on topic, I still use Turtle's liquid wax. Granted, removal will wear you out, but I've never been anything other than satisfied with the stuff. Their quick detailer is okay, but I haven't used it very much. My vehicles are not in that window of dirtiness for very long. They go straight from clean to "dear God, wash that ugly piece of shit" within a couple of days.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts