GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
get components, a headunit, and amp... you wont get louder with aftermarket tweets with your current setup.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
And why do you only want the highs to be louder? do you know what part of the music actually comes out of those?

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. Right now I have a kenwood head unit with 4 kicker 6 1/2" door speakers and 2 15" Kicker L7's. I'm lookin to be able to hear the words more instead of all bass :wank:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Yes. Right now I have a kenwood head unit with 4 kicker 6 1/2" door speakers and 2 15" Kicker L7's. I'm lookin to be able to hear the words more instead of all bass :wank:
im confused... your trying to replace your stock tweeters but you already have 4 aftermarket tweeters?

And the best way to go about doing what your doing is either amp the speakers or simply turn the gain on the subs down and turn the volume on the headunit up more.... still get the same bass and louder vocals.

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you're saying tweeters do absolutely nothing and the aftermarket door speakers take their place? That doesn't sound right. I was lookin at getting amped kicker tweeters

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
no im saying that your 6.5" door speakers either have tweeters mounted directly on them or have them seperate with a passive crossover.

And amp the entire speaker system... not just the tweeters.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The stock size hole, in the door, is football shaped. Back in 99, I attached a thin board, behind the tweeter hole, painted it the interior color, and cut a new hole for the new tweeter. You can also relocate it to the windshield pliar, using a tahoe, surbaban, escalade plastic piler. If you want a "harsher" tweeter, try MB Quarts titanium "P" series and above.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts